Monty Python's Meaning Of Life HD DVD Review

Tech News

Reaction score
If you are a Python fan who somehow managed to miss the double disc re-release then this is an essential addition to your HD collection. However, if you already have the SD version the decision to upgrade is a difficult one. The film does offer minor audio visual improvement over the SD version, and of course all the extras appear on the one disc with the movie. If you must have the very best presentation of the film currently available then an upgrade is necessary. However, it is doubtful that the amount of improvement is worth the upgrade for the casual fan.If you are not familiar with the Python’s work then this may not be the ideal place to start. One of their other two cinematic efforts may be a better starting point, as I really cannot stress just how near the knuckle this film is, and I very much doubt it would get made today. However, if you have any passing interest in classic comedy, and just how influential the Pythons have been on contemporary comedians then this is certainly a very enjoyable watch. If you yearn for a completely un politically correct comedy that is absolutely not afraid to push the boundaries, and you have not yet had a chance to check this film out, then again you are not likely to be disappointed. Just don’t say I didn’t warn you…..
Read the full review...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom