More ebay help - best way to claim for an item?

loz_the_guru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here we go again guys:

About a month ago I bought a gameboy micro from a US seller. It took him ages to get me a postage quote and I had to prompt him several times. I paid the same day the quote eventually arrived.

About a week and a half later he emailed to say that postage would be double what he'd quoted me, and i could either send the extra or get my money back. As id already waited around 3 weeks I requested my money back.

That was about a month ago, and he's made several promises but i've still not recieved anything from him.

Now i'm not new to ebay, ive been a user under various guises for about 5 years. I realise im protected to some degree (paid with PayPal), but if theres no money in his paypal account (which seems likely) then am I right in thinking that all theyll do is freeze his account?

The reason ive not yet filed a claim is because Ive been waiting for him to list new items, therefore increasing the likelihood of me getting some cash back.

How would people advise me to proceed? Is waiting for him to list new items still the best thing to do? Or should I just push through with the claim and hope for the best?

link to the auction:
Game Boy micro on eBay, also, Systems, Video Games (end time 31-Aug-08 22:17:20 BST)

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Too late now but someone who buts that efffort into a listing would not get my cash, following this rule has seen me only stung twice out of 170.

Liam

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom