Motherless Brooklyn (30 November 2019)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
A passion project written, produced, starring and directed by Edward Norton

Cast - Norton, Willem Dafoe, Bruce Willis, Alec Baldwin, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Leslie Mann, Bobby Cannavale, Fisher Stevens, and Cherry Jones.

Set against the backdrop of 1950s New York, Motherless Brooklyn follows Lionel Essrog, a lonely private detective afflicted with Tourette's Syndrome, as he ventures to solve the murder of his mentor and only friend, Frank Minna.

Based on the 1999 novel of the same name by Jonathan Lethem.

71Z0JEK%2Bh5L.jpg

Edward Norton on How Thom Yorke Helped Shape New Film ‘Motherless Brooklyn’

Featuring the upcoming single 'Daily Battles' by Thom Yorke.

IMG_2319.JPG

Last edited:
Anything set in 1950's America gets my interest. One of my favourite times for stories.

I really enjoyed that teaser. Could have done without the DEATH SCENE spoiler though...:(
would they make that obvious?

The Third Man (1949) spoiler
Unless they do a
The Third Man twist,
A staged death of a main character
which is revealed on some posters :facepalm: i guessed straight away, only watched last month for first time wasn't great as i hoped

Last edited:
Good to see Ed Norton back on our screens. :)

Will likely not watch the trailer now just incase - even for someone with my short term memory!

Looking forward to it though.

Any of the AVF clan been to see this yet then?

As only just noticed it’s showing at local multiplexes but critics reviews are mediocre...

I was looking forward to it, but happy to wait now for a rental or Netflix etc. Appears to be a bit of a disappointment after such a long production process.

Saw it last night. Great film. Slow paced but beautiful to watch(loved the 50s setting, the cars and the clothes) with great music throughout and a particularly stand out performance by Alec Baldwin. The tourettes was a character aspect but not a major part of the plot though one particular trait was useful to him during the film. I'd give it 8/10 though probably wouldn't watch it again.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom