Mr. Robot (USA)

krish

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Astral Crescent, Zoovroozlechester, Betelgeuse V
USA Network's new 10-part cyber psychological thriller, Mr. Robot, premieres in the US on 24th June, but the pilot, which has been receiving critical acclaim ('Mr. Robot' Review: The Best Show Of The Summer And On Track To Be A Modern Classic - Forbes), has been made available almost a month early ...

MR. ROBOT follows Elliot (Rami Malek, “The Pacific”), a young programmer who works as a cyber-security engineer by day and as a vigilante hacker by night. Elliot finds himself at a crossroads when the mysterious leader (Christian Slater, “The Adderall Diaries”) of an underground hacker group recruits him to destroy the firm he is paid to protect. Compelled by his personal beliefs, Elliot struggles to resist the chance to take down the multinational CEOs he believes are running (and ruining) the world. The series also stars Portia Doubleday (“Her”), Carly Chaikin (“Suburgatory”) and Martin Wallström (“Simple Simon”).

MR. ROBOT is produced by Universal Cable Productions, this contemporary and culturally resonant drama is executive produced by Sam Esmail (“Comet”) and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin (“True Detective”) and Chad Hamilton (“Breakup at a Wedding”).

Last edited:
That was a good pilot/1st episode. It moves at a good pace, the main characters are interesting. Look forward to when the series starts proper.

Just watched the pilot, and thought it was really good acting with good scripting too. Looking forward to the next episodes, and hope they are as good!

Yep, lead Rami Malek (Elliot) was amazing.

This felt more like cinema than television. Certainly the highest quality output I've watched from USA Network. Perhaps they want to be more like AMC.

Good recommendation gents, I'm intrigued though I think C Slater has a tendency to kill all tv shows.

Renewed for Second Season,
ahead of Season One premiere today

Last edited:
Beat me to it rai! Renewed on the strength of the pilot's pre-television success and critical acclaim. Official TV premiere tonight (along with new Suits), so new episodes from next week ... unless USA puts these out early too ??
“We knew from the moment we read Sam Esmail’s provocative script, and witnessed the brilliant performances of Rami Malek and Christian Slater, that ‘Mr. Robot’ is a stand-out series that is unlike anything currently on television,” said USA Network president Chris McCumber. “The overwhelmingly positive fan reactions to the pilot and the broad sampling of it reaffirms our confidence in the series, and we’re excited to see where this timely drama will take us for season two.”

The series has gotten mostly positive reviews, with Variety’s Brian Lowry writing that it “has the jittery feel of a British thriller, and an absurdist sense of entrenched interests vs. a weird insurgency.” The pilot, which was released online early in part because of fear of hacking, has garnered nearly 3 million views across multiple nonlinear platforms. The series also received the audience award in the episodic category at this year’s South by Southwest festival.

Last edited:
So the first one on tv will be the original pilot episode?. Enjoyed the pilot. Main character reminded me of Dexter in some ways with his social awkwardness and voice over talking.

Yep was the month old pilot on American TV last night, but I really wouldn't be surprised if they also officially put ep 2 online before next Wednesday, just to keep the buzz going.

Not bad first episode at all and nice to see something actually over an hour long for a change. Just as I was cutting down on TV shows good old AVF deals me back in front of the TV again.

Episode 2: Ones-and-Zer0es.mpeg

Good episode, decision time for Elliot, but I guess Robot made it for him

Im really enjoying this , i do think though, maybe I'm well off
Its a Fight Club Situation, Mr Robot is not real, maybe he's the image of his dad...maybe I'm well off...

Came across this last week and have to say I am loving it, an odd mix of fight club and Dexter. Really nice to see something a bit different!

Yep, lead Rami Malek (Elliot) was amazing.

This felt more like cinema than television. Certainly the highest quality output I've watched from USA Network. Perhaps they want to be more like AMC.

I thought the same thing when I saw the pilot, good to hear its getting a second season

What an incredible pilot that was, absolutely extraordinary and cannot wait to see the rest of the season. Hopefully it's as engaging and well written as the pilot otherwise it won't be worth the bother.

This really felt like a David Fincher television series.

It really needs to start progressing a bit faster for my liking.
It started off well but that last episode was a mess.

^^ it sure was going off in that episode, got a little bored with it tbh.
I just hope it can get back on track, as it was the best thing on TV

I figured episode 5 would be a good one and it didn't disappoint. Quality television.

What an incredible pilot that was, absolutely extraordinary and cannot wait to see the rest of the season. Hopefully it's as engaging and well written as the pilot otherwise it won't be worth the bother.

This really felt like a David Fincher television series.
Was amazed by the pilot but this is gone downhill since then, some interesting scene but thought episode 3/4 were paced very slowly and not as gripping as the pilot.

Glad this is going well. Watched the first episode and added it to my keep pile (unlike many others I try). Will binge it up soon me thinks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom