MSI GL65 9SD Gaming Laptop Review & Comments

Good to see more gaming tech reviews on avforums.
Personally, the main thing that puts me off most gaming laptops is the look of them. Most of them look like something imagined in a spotty 14 year old boy's fever dream.
However I realise that could be more to do with me getting old and boring so each to their own...
From a value perspective this seems overpriced. No VRR display and amid range GPU (which would really benefit from VRR). Balance isn't right, a slightly lower spec CPU and a better screen would go a long way.

Good to see more gaming tech reviews on avforums.
Personally, the main thing that puts me off most gaming laptops is the look of them. Most of them look like something imagined in a spotty 14 year old boy's fever dream.
However I realise that could be more to do with me getting old and boring so each to their own...
From a value perspective this seems overpriced. No VRR display and amid range GPU (which would really benefit from VRR). Balance isn't right, a slightly lower spec CPU and a better screen would go a long way.

Thanks. For the pricing it is comparable with similar systems.

MSI are supposed to be releasing an i7 gtx2060 for £999 exclusive at currys but it's not up yet.

Am looking for a new laptop but max budget is £1000.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom