Multi-cable - Silly idea?

Alex Lake

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just about to mount our new TV on an arm, and it struck me that it would be cool if one could buy a cable that combined aerial, and a couple of HDMI connectors - and maybe even power - to give a poor man's version of the Samsung all-in-one cable. I wonder if such a thing is available? Or else, what's the best way to get some kind of sleeve to encase individual cables to get an (even poorer man's!) equivalent? I've seen that there are neoprene sleeves, but wondered if one could do better.

If you are thinking of doing this in a Freeview environment in the UK, you may run into problems bundling aerial and HDMI cables as there have been quite a few reports of interference being introduced into aerial cables from HDMI cables by being too close to them.

You should not encapsulate low voltage data and video with mains signals - and as @A1944 points out, HDMI and terrestrial TV don't always play nicely together either!

9/10 it won't cause interference problems for the cables to be run together. But "are you feeling lucky, punk" ? ;)

There are numerous cable management / tidy / sleeving / decorative trunking and conduit solutions. Just Google (or Bing, or ...) the phrase and choose one that suits?

Spiral wrap is a fairly versatile one that allows addition and removal of cables relatively easily.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom