Munich High End 2019 Show Report - article discussion

Thank you for the overview of the event.

I now really really desire a “Stromtank” although only have the vaguest idea of what it can do for me!

Thank you for the overview of the event.

I now really really desire a “Stromtank” although only have the vaguest idea of what it can do for me!
Get you divorced?

I'm wondering about the SA30 from Arcam.
Does it have HDMI ARC as reported elsewhere on-line? I can't see it in any pics on the web and it wasn't mentioned in the write up...

That Yam room could have been set up decades ago!

I really need the lottery to roll the right numbers for me.

Would love to hear electostatic speakers, especially versus a 'standard' design. Also them missions are looking sweet, they seem to have a qacoustic look to them, but more refined.

Garrard 301 at £12k plus, hell. I wonder how many they expect to sell? When I had my 401 I used the 9in SME arm as all the pundits said the 12in was just not suited to it.

Didn't Steinway-Lyngdrof or Lyngdorf Audio have any stands?
I also didn't realise that Yamaha and Wharfedale did high end?? Maybe I'm not up to date.

I also didn't realise that Yamaha and Wharfedale did high end?? Maybe I'm not up to date.

Denon and Arcam are tenuous for me too. That said if they wanted to spend money and attend the show the organisers would be fools not to take the money.

Thanks @Ed Selley for the effort !
I really think the SA30 is the sweet spot (Terrestrial in Ed's vocabulary) new born product of this year!
I'll start saving for blackfriday it would be a great addition to my system.

That Yamaha rig will give very little change from £30k so it's not exactly entry level. The Wharfedale is going to be 'just under £5k' and again, while not the true high end, it isn't exactly cheap. No Steinway Lyngdorf- I don't think they've ever attended.

Denon and Arcam are tenuous for me too. That said if they wanted to spend money and attend the show the organisers would be fools not to take the money.

In reality, there's more affordable gear at Munich that at Bristol. It's just interspersed with stuff that is mind boggling.

Not much there for the working man then...

Anything room correction related? or is that dirty words at a hifi show?

Did you not read about the mains conditioner?

Too pedestrian, I need the real madness:

- An energy drink that improves your listening ability.

- Mechanically oscillating speaker stands that balance out any tonal distortion.

- A giant inflatable house-correction tent with 800 microphones.

- Acoustically-treated paint.

- A Bluetooth vape.

I’ve just made these up, but 3/5 probably exist.

The $1500 McIntosh lightbox is my favourite

LB100-Front-Top.ashx

I would never criticise anyone for what they decide to spend their money on, and it must get very repetitive updating your helicopter or yacht every single year but:

1. Why is so much of this stuff so hideous? Is it function over form?
2. Are the gains so significant over stuff that's actually affordable and can fit into your home?

I suppose it could be argued that a lot of this technology can and does trickle down eventually, so we all do benefit from this in some way. And, of course, if my numbers did come up then I would be able to extend my budget on each component, but then that might lead to another dilemma: too much choice!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom