Question Music with av system

mistryman

Novice Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. If some one could let me know which part of the forum I should post this to would be great...
So ill start.

I have a nas drive with alot of music. On most ripped from cd so they are flac files.

So my dilemma is I want to play my music the best it can. I'm in the market to buy an amplifier but I want one or something that will allow me to play my music randomly from nas drive to amplifier with out having to turn the television on.

I dont want to bluetooth it from my phone or tablet as that would defeat the object of ripping CDs in flac. Is there something out there that can be a bridge between nas drive and amplifier so the amplifier has direct connection to nas drive and plays flac music.

Sorry if this sound confusing. Its baffling me but your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

I would look at the Marantz PM7000N.

You are looking for a network streamer and an integrated amplifier. You could buy one box that does both functions, or you could buy two separate devices.

What equipment do you have at the moment?
Are you looking for lots of volume in a large room?
What's your budget?

Hi. I'm currently working on getting a set up. Was looking at a yamaha av amplifier.

Budget is not a great deal. But willing to spend for the right equipment.

Cheers

Have you got any speakers yet?

Are you looking for a stereo set-up or multi channel for films etc?

Hi. I have my speakers from before, kefs front and rear. But need center channel and sub. But there not too important at the moment.

I'm wanting a set up for movies and music. Something that will work between the two.

Cheers

The AVR that gives the best performance for music are the Arcam's, second best are the Marantz, you could also consider Nad which falls somewhere between the two, but might suit your streaming requirements better.

I used to have a nas ripped cds in flac to my arcam avr400. I used the nas app on my phone to control which track i wanted..

Most AVRs have companion smartphone and tablet apps. You could also use an external streamer rather than the one built into the AVR.

So would that mean It would be streamed via bluetooth from phone or tablet to avr? Or would be a simple phone or tablet app to control avr...

Sorry this is a bit new to me and I'm trying to get my head around it

So would that mean It would be streamed via bluetooth from phone or tablet to avr? Or would be a simple phone or tablet app to control avr...

Sorry this is a bit new to me and I'm trying to get my head around it
No problem. It would be Wi-Fi.

Ah, from the OP I assumed 2-channel, but as stated you want to move to 5.1 and as you want movies and music it will be a compromise. A good option might be something like Marantz NR1710 which is on sale now: Marantz NR1710 AV Receiver

Think I'm understanding my own question now and what I'm looking for...lol...

So basically I want an av amp that can handle both movies and music with the capability to allow me to access my flac music on my nas drive. Dont want to stream it from phone but more access from phone or tablet etc to play from avr amp.....

This could be the hurrah moment....

Much appreciated everyone for the advice..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom