Musicians/producers. Post your tunes here.

been a while since posting here.... Here is a couple of my latest tracks!

warning - very heavy techno/breakbeat sounds, not for the light hearted!

Just finished producing a version of the first song I ever posted on Soundcloud 7 years ago. It was a good learning process and I reckon I sank a good 60 hours into this one.

I'll have to catch up with all the new tracks posted later. You guys have been busy since xmas!

My first years are producing cover versions at the minute so I joined in and whipped one up in Reason. Lots of automation, synth programming and trying out a few new bit and pieces.

My daughter (13) released her new track, she is frantiK the song is called Bounce. Available on all streaming services.

Hey,

I am Marvin Og a new Soundcloud rapper

Here a song from me:

Hope you enjoy , thanks for every support

While my work has dried up because of the virus, I'm recreating Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'.
Its a hell of a challenge... So complex.

Video will up soon

Hi all. I'm off creating at present as my Logic Pro X won't recognise my keyboards connected by USB Midi. Has been like this since the last Apple OS update. If you run a Mac and create using Logic then I wouldn't update to Apples new OS as it'll screw up your MIDI via USB.

Hi all. I'm off creating at present as my Logic Pro X won't recognise my keyboards connected by USB Midi. Has been like this since the last Apple OS update. If you run a Mac and create using Logic then I wouldn't update to Apples new OS as it'll screw up your MIDI via USB.
I'm on a Mac with Cubase. I've not upgraded to Catalina yet, but even so in the last couple of weeks I've had trouble with my apogee audio interface being detected, strange volume control quirks, and USB licencer issues.

I can get things back in sync by unplugging all USB devices, rebooting, then reconnecting... Until I leave the computer in sleep mode for a while then it happens again.

I've tried everything (Yes I'm on Catalina) including plugging in new keyboards and they work for a while until I shut the Mac down, after reboot its back to not working. I downloaded the demo of Ableton and that works perfectly everytime with my USB keyboards, must be Logic?

That sucks :thumbsdow

I'm delighted that I sold my Macbook Pro last year and went back to a PC laptop. Got a £400 HP machine with a Ryzen CPU. Been running huge projects in ProTools perfectly and not really had any problems at all. I know it's not an option for yourself being a Logic user but something to consider in the future perhaps.

That sucks :thumbsdow

I'm delighted that I sold my Macbook Pro last year and went back to a PC laptop. Got a £400 HP machine with a Ryzen CPU. Been running huge projects in ProTools perfectly and not really had any problems at all. I know it's not an option for yourself being a Logic user but something to consider in the future perhaps.

At the moment I haven't really missed it to be honest. In fact I might just do that and go PC with Ableton (Can't afford Pro Tools 😁) but it means learning a whole new piece of software.

but it means learning a whole new piece of software.
Pretty sure if I had to learn a completely different tool now I'd lose interest.
My knowledge and use of Cubase has developed over 20 years... I'd be like a fish out of water with something else.

I was originally going to make a Youtube video about how I made Thriller, but when I checked the copyright status I could see it would've been blocked immediately.

However, I might still do it and post it privately if there's any interest in it.

I don't think it's that bad learning a new DAW as they all do more or less the same thing and share third party plugins like Waves. It is a pain learning the more advanced features but there's so many tutorial videos out there these days. I've gone from Cubase to Logic to ProTools and I also use Reason and Maschine as secondary DAW's. Nearly pulled the trigger on Ableton last year but started to put more time into Reason and Maschine.

I don't think it's that bad learning a new DAW as they all do more or less the same thing and share third party plugins like Waves. It is a pain learning the more advanced features but there's so many tutorial videos out there these days. I've gone from Cubase to Logic to ProTools and I also use Reason and Maschine as secondary DAW's. Nearly pulled the trigger on Ableton last year but started to put more time into Reason and Maschine.
For me is more about being efficient and able to act on my instincts in the moment... If I can't do that the process fails.
All the complex routing, side chaining, automation, all the the midi controls like expression mapping and external syncing... It's like building an engine.
And that's before the 3rd party effects come into play.

I've looked at Logic and thought how nice it would be to get free updates from Apple every time MacOS gets an update. Every 2 years I'm forced to pay Steinberg for an upgraded version of Cubase to maintain compatibility with everything else... the change to something else is too much for my old brain to handle.

Cover of a cool tune by Tom Misch. All programmed into Reason with a tricky little synth solo transcription towards the end.

I'd imagine not the easiest of tracks to cover. I'm not familiar with the original but appreciated the tricky little synth line. :)

Cheers Jules, it was played in one phrase at a time at a moderate tempo!

I was just gonna comment on how well made your videos are and then I saw from your channel that you're a camera guy. Suppose I could have have guessed from your avatar too! I'm only filming on my phone but I'm getting into Davinci Resolve for the video editing.

I shoot most of these kind of videos very casually on my phone... They're just a bit of fun really.
Just get loads of different angles and mix it up a bit in the edit.

Davinci should keep you busy for a while. But I reckon anyone who can master music production is gonna find video relatively straight forward.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom