Musicians/producers. Post your tunes here.

Over the years I've had six electric pianos, this is the latest it's a Yamaha Tyros 5. Yamaha call it a "work station."
The features on it are mind-boggling, most of which I don't use. What I play is what you get. I don't go back and edit anything. I can't be bothered.

P1030253.JPG

I like the huge number of styles and voices available. You can play and record your own vocals and it will harmonise your voice, "making you sound twice as bad." So I never sing.
I subscribe to a dedicated Yamaha keyboard players' message board, where we share our recordings, usually with links to "Box." I must have more than 200 recordings of mine I've uploaded.

A lot of tunes I busk, I like to chuck in a few jazz chords to get away from tunes that have several bars with just one chord.

I only play for my own amusement.

I like to play standards, some Motown and vintage pop.

Here's a few examples.

A couple of jazz standards

A tune used to advertise cash machines on TV a long while back

A much maligned tune but like to play it.

Something "Christmassy"

I used my own chords on this one I've no idea if they are the right ones.

I also play tenor sax (badly).

Here's a work in progress from me.... crank it up!!
Its going to be the foundation to a futuristic audio book that's been written by a very talented writer.

Just released a 4 track EP on Spotify, getting some decent feedback:

I feel like my dear old man when I say this.....it sounds well put together but where's the 'tune'? LOL.

Don't listen to me...although I love a good melody it seams that's not cool these days.
I always think to myself that if I had the money to buy production equipment in the 1980s (when I was a small boy), I could be living a life of luxury by now with all cheesy tunes I would've created.

Just released a 4 track EP on Spotify, getting some decent feedback:

Production sounds nice on that 1000. I don't use Spotify so can only the 20sec previews rather than the full track. What DAW & plugins are you using?

I'm thinking of taking the plunge on Ableton after watching some videos lately. I'm getting quite into the audio manipulation side of producing lately and Ableton seems to have some powerful tools that would cost £££'s to buy individually. Anyone here using it?

Production sounds nice on that 1000. I don't use Spotify so can only the 20sec previews rather than the full track. What DAW & plugins are you using?

I'm thinking of taking the plunge on Ableton after watching some videos lately. I'm getting quite into the audio manipulation side of producing lately and Ableton seems to have some powerful tools that would cost £££'s to buy individually. Anyone here using it?

I pretty much use Logic out of the box. The Alchemy synth is amazing but started to use the EX24 Sampler a bit more now. Only have a couple of extra NI plug-ins and a side chain plug in. I use LANDR for mastering and releases which works well.

I can understand Jules comments but I quite like it minimal with a bit of groove!

I pretty much use Logic out of the box. The Alchemy synth is amazing but started to use the EX24 Sampler a bit more now. Only have a couple of extra NI plug-ins and a side chain plug in. I use LANDR for mastering and releases which works well.

I picked up an NI Maschine mkI really cheap a while back and didn't realise the capabilities of the NI stuff at the time. If you don't have it already you can download Komplete Start for free. I have Komplete Select with the Maschine but Start had some plugins that weren't even in that so I downloaded it last night. Gonna get stuck into it all over the holidays.

I picked up an NI Maschine mkI really cheap a while back and didn't realise the capabilities of the NI stuff at the time. If you don't have it already you can download Komplete Start for free. I have Komplete Select with the Maschine but Start had some plugins that weren't even in that so I downloaded it last night. Gonna get stuck into it all over the holidays.
I also bought a Roland TR-8S drum machine but the DAW integration with Logic sucks balls!!! So I have barely used it which is a shame

OK, here's something a bit different. Back in August we set ourselves a beer fuelled challenge to produce a seasonal tune. Here's the result, best accompanied by cheese and a large glass of red..

Haven't done anything for a while but here's a tune I made over xmas.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Here's a track I knocked up for a bit of fun. Simple tune with zero production & work.

First attempt at a proper mashup, I've recorded guitars to isolated studio vocal tracks before but this was much more challenging, Thin Lizzy vs Marvin Gaye.

I say first attempt, more like the twelvety attempt, first one I'm happy enough with to share publicly.

For some reason I decided to sample Ronald Reagan, build a house track around it and call it Twitter. I don't know why -

Here's a bit of upbeat happy clappy funk I've just finished. Piano's a bit like the Happy Mondays imo.
Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom