Question Must Have Discs?

Possibly not the right thread or forum for this but - Something I've been wondering about watching films through my new amp - it has 4K upscaling but my projector isn't 4K. If I watch a UHD blu-Ray on my projector it will say it is playing in HD as 4K is not supported but would there be any difference between a downscaled UHD vs an upscaled blu-Ray? Or will they both deliver exactly the same image?

Possibly not the right thread or forum for this but - Something I've been wondering about watching films through my new amp - it has 4K upscaling but my projector isn't 4K. If I watch a UHD blu-Ray on my projector it will say it is playing in HD as 4K is not supported but would there be any difference between a downscaled UHD vs an upscaled blu-Ray? Or will they both deliver exactly the same image?

ive tried feeding some decent looking 4K discs into my 1080p display and they looked pretty damn good.

Id say if they are decent 4K discs to start with, they'll quite possibly look a bit better than the blu. The 4K version will be downscaled so detail is being downscaled as well as opposed to the blu which may not contain the detail of the 4K version to start with.

I 2nd what Sammy has just said, I use the samsung 4k player with my 1080p projector. The 5th wave UHD really looked excellent downscaled. Great work from Sony Pictures.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom