My Apps have gone haywire!

Dorset Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
When I select an app from the bottom of my screen the colour wheel revolves for what seems like forever followed by the message "THiS APP WILL NOW RESTART TO FREE UP MORE MEMORY". The screen then reverts back to the original channel. I can't even make any adjustments to the TV controls as all apps are affected. Is anyone else experiencing this problem or is it just my TV?

EDIT - Sorry posted in wrong forum!

Have you tried a factory reset ?

I was hoping to avoid that. It's a pain putting back all the settings but it may have to come to that. Thanks for your reply.

I guess you could try deleting and reinstalling the app(s) first, but a factory reset definitely sounds like the best option.

What's the make and model of the TV and how old is it ? If it's an older model, I would keep the number of apps to a minimum as this appears to be a memory issue.

LG OLED E6 2016. The TV is not letting me reinstall the apps so a factory reset it is.

I would post in the users thread and see if anyone else has the same problem

Yes I will. Hopefully it might save a reset.

Sometimes disconnecting the TV from the mains for a short interval helps clear any 'locked' Apps. I occasionally find the Amazon App freezes on my Samsung. A short switch-off, disconnecting the mains lead rather than going to stand-by sorts the problem. No settings or data are lost. Might be worth a try before a factory reset.

Last edited:
I found the answer in the LG OLED E6 TV forum where another member had the same problem, a box wrongly ticked in the settings menu. All fine now. Thanks for your input and that of mikej.

I just joined. I just started having this issue. Nothing has worked. I did factory reset. I changed to private browsing. I cleared history. I dont even use the apps. I watch everything through Roku. Any other suggestions? Thank you!

Try a power reset (which is not the same as a factory reset) i.e. disconnect the unit from power for minimum 5 minutes.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom