Question My Behringer Inuke NU3000D is generating a low frequency hum through my Sub - Is it broken?

Well I don't want to curse it, but since I installed it I haven't heard the hum. 🤞🏼
Is this a DF sub, possibly one that used to have a plate amp? Did you ever try a power cable without the earth pin?

Is this a DF sub, possibly one that used to have a plate amp? Did you ever try a power cable without the earth pin?

It's a passive sub powered by a Behringer Amp. I didn't try a power cord without an earth cable.
I'm not sure it has got one.

Run a decent piece of wire from earth binding post on your receiver to the case of the inuke. Should sort it.
Easier said than done. The Receiver is in the lounge, the Inuke is in the loft.
Anyway, so far, the Hum Destroyer has fixed the problem entirely.

I had the same symptoms as you and the same result. The hum destroyer actually seems to work as advertised.

I had noises coming from my sub in the way you describe. In my case it was caused by the USB cable connected from PC to the miniDSP. Removing the cable removed the noise. I ended up moving to the wi-dg even though the PC is sat right next to the miniDSP.

Edit: corrected cable type.

Hi, Just noticed this thread.
I’ve discovered a similar problem with sub hum :( and narrowed it down to the NX3000D.

I’ve recently built a Boss platform which is powered by a NX3000D.
It’s connected to my sub out from AVR via a miniDSP HD.

Sub out (avr) to input 1 minidsp.
Output 1 Minidsp to sub
Output 3 Minidsp to NX3000D

Now I’ve had a laptop connected to both NX3000D and Minidsp via usb for setup purposes and discovered the hum when I disconnected the usb cables from the laptop after I finished setting them up.
Not sure if this is relevant, but the laptop is plugged into a socket on the other side of the room ?.

The hum destroyer, does it plug between output 3 on the Minidsp and NX or between sub out (avr) and Minidsp ?

Thanks

I don't know. Probably easy enough to try it in both places to see which works.

I don't know. Probably easy enough to try it in both places to see which works.
Well, I tried moving stuff about and different sockets, NX 3000D is definitely the culprit, I’ve ordered one of those Hum destroyers, So I’ll see if that works tomorrow.

Good luck, let us know.

Well, I tried moving stuff about and different sockets, NX 3000D is definitely the culprit, I’ve ordered one of those Hum destroyers, So I’ll see if that works tomorrow.

Hi there,

I know this is an old topic now but did you manage to sort the noise? I still have mine I am having to turn the inuke gain to 2 o'clock location on the front in order to tame it. It is the most annoying sound ever lol.. faint but when you know it's there it's always there.. I am not sure if this is something to do with the miniDSP 2x4HD being in the chain or if it is actually the inuke attenuating the noise.. I'd really appreciate if you or anyone else on here who may have an inuke and miniDSP combination assist in how to resolve this issue for good. Thank you :)

Hi there,

I know this is an old topic now but did you manage to sort the noise? I still have mine I am having to turn the inuke gain to 2 o'clock location on the front in order to tame it. It is the most annoying sound ever lol.. faint but when you know it's there it's always there.. I am not sure if this is something to do with the miniDSP 2x4HD being in the chain or if it is actually the inuke attenuating the noise.. I'd really appreciate if you or anyone else on here who may have an inuke and miniDSP combination assist in how to resolve this issue for good. Thank you :)

Hi,
Our hum turned out to be having the miniDSP HD in the chain, I solved it by running a wire from the ground screw on the miniDSP (next to output 4) and wedging the other end into the usb port on the back on the NX3KD, It worked for me, But you could try one of the case screws on the amp.

Hope this helps
IMG_0910.jpg
IMG_0909.jpg

To update the thread regarding the Hum destroyer mentioned here, It did nothing for my situation and is now gathering dust in a draw ;).
But that's not to say it won't work for everyone :), Just that the above solution worked for us.

Thanks

Hi,
Our hum turned out to be having the miniDSP HD in the chain, I solved it by running a wire from the ground screw on the miniDSP (next to output 4) and wedging the other end into the usb port on the back on the NX3KD, It worked for me, But you could try one of the case screws on the amp.

Hope this helps
View attachment 1369022View attachment 1369023

To update the thread regarding the Hum destroyer mentioned here, It did nothing for my situation and is now gathering dust in a draw ;).
But that's not to say it won't work for everyone :), Just that the above solution worked for us.

Thanks

Thank you that is a very interesting find :) I will definitely try this and report back :thumbsup:

Thank you that is a very interesting find :) I will definitely try this and report back :thumbsup:
I can't claim all the glory :D, It was suggested to me by various forum members to try the ground screw on the mDSP, When i touched the other end of the wire to the outer part of the usb socket, The hum stopped, So that's where it's stayed ;).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom