My eyes are rolling into the back of my head after too much virtual shopping

You'll still be paying the £40k surcharge tax on a used car from years 2 to 6. So £475 a year.

You'll still be paying the £40k surcharge tax on a used car from years 2 to 6. So £475 a year.
Yes, good point the cash price for this is £42k so will apply. I still think the low apr is a cracking deal and somewhat offsets the surcharge tax.

Maybe I’m rushing into this, but it works out cheaper than my preference being a M340i

It's the new list price of the car, not what you pay used or after discount.

It's the new list price of the car, not what you pay used or after discount.

Yup. That’s the kicker. So even those £60k cars that lose half their value by year 3 still have the £40k tax penalty. :(

I thought when you first posted I can't think of any petrol cars that are sub 5 second 0-60 and a step up from a Golf R that come in under £40k.
By the time you add metallic paint and any options even a 320d M Sport is now over £40k, what use to cost £20 to tax now cost £475.

I thought when you first posted I can't think of any petrol cars that are sub 5 second 0-60 and a step up from a Golf R that come in under £40k.
By the time you add metallic paint and any options even a 320d M Sport is now over £40k, what use to cost £20 to tax now cost £475.
Looks like I’ll just have to accept it

Don’t think i could stomach dropping in excess of £40k on a 320D and then pay the £475 / year VED. It would be soul destroying.

Could I interest you in a Kia Stinger? :)

Bargain price on lease, 3.3ltr 380BHP, has everything on it you could possibly wish for.

It's a Kia though, so not one for the brand snobs but it still an amazing car.

So the best I've found from Statstone is a 300 mile 2019 M2 competition with both packs in white up at £42k for £500.00 down and £583.00 a month based on 14k miles 2.9% APR.

No other used M340i can get close to that figure, starting at 7.9%-10% its never going to happen.

Yeah, massive thread over on M3 Cutters about the 2.9% sale on M cars.

Yeah, massive thread over on M3 Cutters about the 2.9% sale on M cars.
I've had a very brief look at that forum (first time I've seen it and where do I start?) Any chance of a link?

I've had a very brief look at that forum (first time I've seen it and where do I start?) Any chance of a link?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom