My MK / Lyngdorf / Trinnov Build.

Nice! Wondering how a .6 Atmos layout sounds. How does it mix a .4 track?

Sexily?

More speakers 6 total in ceiling MKIW150 another SDA2400 and better lights and poor photography.

20201128_190046.jpg

However it's sounding great and the bedroom is finished now, but it just has an OLED in it which isn't exactly exciting, I did consider a small TDAI 1120 system but there was too many weird angles in there.

From the bedroom door.

20201128_190132.jpg

More speakers 6 total in ceiling MKIW150 another SDA2400 and better lights and poor photography.

View attachment 1412188

However it's sounding great and the bedroom is finished now, but it just has an OLED in it which isn't exactly exciting, I did consider a small TDAI 1120 system but there was too many weird angles in there.

From the bedroom door.

View attachment 1412189

Looks great Ross, any chance of some more pics showing the 6 ceiling speakers?

I'll give it a go tomorrow, I mean today.

Thanks! There’s something quite comfy about having all your kit in a lounge like environment, like you have, that you can just sit on your comfy sofa and start watching a movie. My setup was like that. With a dedicated room, there’s almost a formal atmosphere to it.

Anyway, it looks ace!

Thanks! There’s something quite comfy about having all your kit in a lounge like environment, like you have, that you can just sit on your comfy sofa and start watching a movie. My setup was like that. With a dedicated room, there’s almost a formal atmosphere to it.

Anyway, it looks ace!

Thanks bro. This is my office, so I had to make some sorta balance and not have it a batcave. So it's dark enough not to blow out the contrast and 'liveable in' Had I put cinema seating in, it just wouldn't work - I'm not keen on the 1 or 2 rows of standard black cinema seating - I think a couch is better, because you don't have to be bolt upright.

The big bay and small window behind me give enough natural light during the day if needed too.

There's still some small aesthetic changes to make, like a ceiling mount for the PJ , maybe have to move the back spotlight, in which case I'll just add another set in ceiling.

And then it's gotta be repainted, because this vinyl matt, if you touch it, it'll marr so it needs a different version of the same paint.

Which might prompt me to do a split on wall rack system behind the AT screen care of @Seriously Ltd He's done a few sneaky rack jobs inside cabinets etc. So I can sell on the Anthem A5 and one SDA 2400, put in a Lyngdorf MX8400 - so you get the best of amplifiers, hidden, no heat or explosions.

The whole house needs rewired - I've have 14 things running on a double socket that all goes back to an old school fuse box, not an RCD style thing, so there isn't any protection anywhere in the house strictly speaking. So a 30A line will go in, the noise floor in here is deathly quiet so I'm not expecting a sound improvement.

Nearly there.. I organise so many things for others, I'm just beat by the time it has to be my own shit.

Anyone wondering, there is a server, centre speaker, media player and xbox series x behind there, network switch, modem, router, hue hub, dead badger.

Thanks bro. This is my office, so I had to make some sorta balance and not have it a batcave. So it's dark enough not to blow out the contrast and 'liveable in' Had I put cinema seating in, it just wouldn't work - I'm not keen on the 1 or 2 rows of standard black cinema seating - I think a couch is better, because you don't have to be bolt upright.

The big bay and small window behind me give enough natural light during the day if needed too.

There's still some small aesthetic changes to make, like a ceiling mount for the PJ , maybe have to move the back spotlight, in which case I'll just add another set in ceiling.

And then it's gotta be repainted, because this vinyl matt, if you touch it, it'll marr so it needs a different version of the same paint.

Which might prompt me to do a split on wall rack system behind the AT screen care of @Seriously Ltd He's done a few sneaky rack jobs inside cabinets etc. So I can sell on the Anthem A5 and one SDA 2400, put in a Lyngdorf MX8400 - so you get the best of amplifiers, hidden, no heat or explosions.

The whole house needs rewired - I've have 14 things running on a double socket that all goes back to an old school fuse box, not an RCD style thing, so there isn't any protection anywhere in the house strictly speaking. So a 30A line will go in, the noise floor in here is deathly quiet so I'm not expecting a sound improvement.

Nearly there.. I organise so many things for others, I'm just beat by the time it has to be my own sh*t.

Anyone wondering, there is a server, centre speaker, media player and xbox series x behind there, network switch, modem, router, hue hub, dead badger.

I think your room just consolidates my thoughts on keeping a multi use area that veers more towards av use.

You’ve been fortunate with the electrics so far! Next update is right there!

Kit wise, once you have the Lyngdorf amp, you’re kind of there then? Other than the touching up and non kit changes?

I’m going to have a nosey at your previous pics with more light in the room:D

I think your room just consolidates my thoughts on keeping a multi use area that veers more towards av use.

You’ve been fortunate with the electrics so far! Next update is right there!

Kit wise, once you have the Lyngdorf amp, you’re kind of there then? Other than the touching up and non kit changes?

I’m going to have a nosey at your previous pics with more light in the room:D

Yes, that's years overdue and a dedicated line altho not necessary is preferable.

I think that would be the kit done, obviously down the road there will be a laser PJ that goes above 60hz and an hdmi 2.1 board, that would be a very hard justification however.

I started this before there were in walls and finalised Dolby / DTS specs, luckily I planned for it, don't plan for the ceiling to have old style joint spacing, but it is what is.

Installing into a 1920s build requires some sacrifice and a bit of cunning.The speakers are all where they're supposed be more or less, I don't see or hear any hard evidence for room treatment either.

You were right about better pans, I just described it as bigger, it did plug a bit of a hole. The rear soundstage was almost too big, these extra far fronts have calmed it down and levelled it out.

The back of the room. Before anyone starts, that's how rear surrounds are meant to be spaced, there just so happens to be a window and door either side.

The light is off centre, not the projector, that will become a cable hole after the PJ is ceiling mounted I reckon.

0_20201128_190218.jpg

The front on view, kinda front on really.

1_20201128_185310.jpg

Impressive setup and room. Do you use the SDA2400's for low frequencies only, or also for mid and high freqs?

Impressive setup and room. Do you use the SDA2400's for low frequencies only, or also for mid and high freqs?

They handle everything and then the subs are active on their own at 1700w and 3400w peak I believe. Flat to about 12hz.

You’re fortunate to have a good bit of distance between the sofa and the rear wall so the back speakers can breathe a bit.
Could you do with having the sofa a bit closer to the fronts for the equilateral triangle positioning? Not that it’ll make much difference with Room Perfect sorting everything out...

You’re fortunate to have a good bit of distance between the sofa and the rear wall so the back speakers can breathe a bit.
Could you do with having the sofa a bit closer to the fronts for the equilateral triangle positioning? Not that it’ll make much difference with Room Perfect sorting everything out...

So Gert the speaker designer and one of the best system setter uppers I've seen, said it would be ok. Technically speaking I need another 2ft.

And yes I could move closer, but I can't move my surr left any further or it would be mid air in the bay window area. So there is a slight compromise, but I don't believe it's audible in comparison with similar systems in other rooms.

So Gert the speaker designer and one of the best system setter uppers I've seen, said it would be ok. Technically speaking I need another 2ft.

And yes I could move closer, but I can't move my surr left any further or it would be mid air in the bay window area. So there is a slight compromise, but I don't believe it's audible in comparison with similar systems in other rooms.
Why didn’t you put all three front speakers behind the screen? L/R too close together?Shouldn’t RP take care of that?

Why didn’t you put all three front speakers behind the screen? L/R too close together?Shouldn’t RP take care of that?

I'd need the room to be about a meter longer to get the throw distance for something like a 120''

The size I have now is slightly on the large size according to THX and the other people, who's name I forget, but I'd have 120'' in here if I could.

What colour paint did you use on the walls? looks lovely.

It's dulux bitter chocolate 1 or 2 - I forget which, but it's brown with a purple flash in it. Problem is that if you touch the flat matt it mars with a chalk streak, so I have a tin of the same but in a diamond hard finish.

However if I just get the room re dressed by @Seriously Ltd then I don't have to bother repainting as it will all be fabric walls and ceiling. Might add a few more GU10 Hue bulbs an NZ8 projector, replace the screen material and cabinet the gear - again all done by Seriously Cinema, because honestly, while I could do a lot of it myself, I just can't be arsed.

May respray the subs or swap them for MK X15+ It's not like I can get a pair of JTR's in here easily given the redonkulus shipping & import costs. Perlisten is another consideration.

^Class looking room by the way, plus a killer sound system. I know it’s a bit corny but since your bedroom leads to the cinema room when showing people your home you should show them the bedroom first and then open the door to the cinema room and say “this is where the real action happens”.😉

I don’t know if you are aware of the self adhesive flock that ABM sell but it’s been brilliant for me plus it sticks to the walls and ceiling so flush like wallpaper.

^Class looking room by the way, plus a killer sound system. I know it’s a bit corny but since your bedroom leads to the cinema room when showing people your home you should show them the bedroom first and then open the door to the cinema room and say “this is where the real action happens”.😉

I don’t know if you are aware of the self adhesive flock that ABM sell but it’s been brilliant for me plus it sticks to the walls and ceiling so flush like wallpaper.

I think that's were my wife would hide and no one should be subjected to seeing that. Which reminds me, I must put a sticky draft strip on the bedroom door as it rattles on the low low stuff.

I wasn't aware no, but the guys at Seriously have so many types and grades of material it is ridiculous and the good stuff is really luxury. I also have some Displate art to go on in place of the 2 posters I've had forever which are just there for the sake of it, pretty dated now.

And yes I know there's a Trinnov in here now, but I doubt anyone needs a picture of that.

View attachment 1412188

From the bedroom door.

View attachment 1412189

That's a sweet build....some serious kit in that room!

Thanks, after some tidy ups and maybe upgrades I'd say it's gone as far as it can.

I'm not sure there's a better home cinema I could put in my room - I really struggle to think what I would change if I could start again.

wow never saw this room before. looks gorgeous. what size image are u projecting ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom