My Sony Rdr-hxd870 had died any recommendations what to replace it with?

tvdavid

Hi
My Sony Rdr-hxd870 had died just wondering any recommendations what to replace it with?
It seems dvd recorders are getting hard to find now.
The DVD won't read any more in the sony it just seems to make a funny noise when I put one in even pre recorded ones.
Seems this is a very common problem after a few years.
I have seen some panasonic dmr-ex769 in my price range below £100 but these are used so could it have the same problem again?
If so is there any other way to copy programmes from my sky box to back up like on to a SD card or a USB stick?
It does not have to have HD.

tvdavid

Alex43

I have 2 DVD HDD recorders and hope they last considering that, as you say they are hard to find. I wonder whythat is because most modern PVRs can't record from external sources so I can still see the benefit of DVD HDD recorders.

tvdavid

Most people will say to just DL the show but I find not all shows can still be downloaded such as older stuff from say the 90s.
Also recording the broadcast can still be better quality then DL to such as many documentaries I may wish to keep.

tvdavid

Well the splitter box is here and indeed is sending signal to both my Main TV and 27 inch monitor in HD on Sky HD channels so hopefully will work with the other device OK.

tvdavid

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom