Mythic Quest: Raven’s Banquet (Apple TV+) renewed for S2, S1 February 7, 2020

mafaa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mythic Quest: Raven’s Banquet follows a team of video game developers as they navigate the challenges of running a popular video game. In addition to McElhenney, who stars as the fictional company’s creative director, Ian Grimm, the ensemble cast also includes Academy Award-winner F. Murray Abraham, Danny Pudi, Imani Hakim, Charlotte Nicdao, David Hornsby, Ashly Burch and Jessie Ennis.

mythicquest4.jpg

Anyone else watching this?

Watched the first 2 episodes last night, it wasn’t bad, not laugh out loud funny, but amusing in parts.

Did think the TTP thing was pretty funny and the Pootie Shoe thing.

As with all the Apple+ stuff, it certainly looks great.

I really, really struggled to get through the first couple of episodes which is surprising. Just didn't find it funny and some of the acting I really can't tell if its really good or terrible (Poppy?). But i'm now on the 6th and want to finish it, certainly goes in some directions I wasn't expecting and interested to see how it ends up. Some of the humour does land better later on and it's certainly more of a 'The Office/British' type of humour most of the time.

I thought this looked like another Silicon Valley and that would be most welcome. Not signed up for any Apple TV yet, but there's more stuff on it tempting me now.

I found this generally more miss than hit. It sits in the situational comedy camp though and if you take it as a going along with thing it's OK.
The most surprising thing is that it has the guys behind It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia behind it but is far gentler and less edgy.

I've really enjoyed this series - quite light, but that's no bad thing. Also really liked the quarantine special - a couple of really great moments at the end of that and overall it's really well done. Worth a watch.

Now back with a bonus season one episode - and then next month it's season 2:

Been catching up on Season 2 on Apple TV and enjoying it.
It's not laugh out loud but certainly does have it's moments, it's really good though and some of the episodes like Backstory and Startup have been really good.

This is great, similar to Silicon Valley setup but more enjoyable. Great characters. Assistant Jo is a good watch That’s a 🤬 truck horn!

Series 1 was good and pretty funny. Series 2 focused on less funny stuff and the two main characters jumped the shark in terms of being unlikeable. Like most US comedies it got a bit too into the relationships and forgot to tell any jokes.

Series 1 was good and pretty funny. Series 2 focused on less funny stuff and the two main characters jumped the shark in terms of being unlikeable. Like most US comedies it got a bit too into the relationships and forgot to tell any jokes.

Few episodes to go still in S2, yep S1 was a little more enjoyable with more funny moments. I'm still enjoying S2 but I wish it wouldn't try to take itself so serious, it should focus more on the comedy that S1 had. S1 seemed to be about the game more, S2 as you say about relationships and their struggles.

A underrated show.

F. Murray Abraham not returning for season 3

Bah. His episode with William Hurt was amazing.

Just finished S2 and on the whole I've enjoyed this. The highlights have been the standalone episodes, these have been interesting choices as they are drama rather than comedy. The one in S2 with the three writers (and then the subsequent modern day follow-up with William Hurt) was superb.

A real shame that F. Murray won't be back. Ian and Poppy aren't particularly likeable (apart from the quarantine episode).

Just finished S2 and on the whole I've enjoyed this. The highlights have been the standalone episodes, these have been interesting choices as they are drama rather than comedy. The one in S2 with the three writers (and then the subsequent modern day follow-up with William Hurt) was superb.

A real shame that F. Murray won't be back. Ian and Poppy aren't particularly likeable (apart from the quarantine episode).
I find a lot of American sitcoms forget to include any likeable characters. All the cast are trying to tick a "personality type" box, which sadly doesn't have an option for "normal".

I think it might be a carry over from the It's Always Sunny crew. Let's face it, nobody there was likeable (and that was kind of the point!).

The US Office, Parks and Rec, 30 Rock etc, they are different beasts.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom