Question Nad T758 v3 - No sound from tv

Gary Brunsdon

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just bought the above amp and have managed to get my DVD player and Apple TV setup fine.
However, when I try to watch my HD Freeview TV I can't seem to get any sound from the amp.

I've connected an HDMI Lead from the output port of the amp to the 'arc' hdmi port on the tv which I assumed was correct. So maybe I've missed a setting in setup somewhere?

My previous Marantz av amp had a button on the remote to select tv sound, but the Nad doesn't seem to have anything similar?

Any advice would be really appreciated - it sounds really great - but I'd like the same great sound from the tv / tv catchup apps..

Have you enabled ARC on the TV, ARC can be a bit awkward at times that's why I don't bother with it and just use an optical cable from the TV to the AVR

Yes Arc is enabled, but if connecting up an optical cable will solve my problem... then I'm more than happy to go that route. I guess the sound quality might be better?

Yes Arc is enabled, but if connecting up an optical cable will solve my problem... then I'm more than happy to go that route. I guess the sound quality might be better?

You can normally get Dolby Digital plus through ARC compared to standard DD although how much real world difference your notice is something only you can decide.

The Optical approach always works and is reliable.

great amp, be interested to hear your thoughts comparing it to your previous marantz

This "I've connected an HDMI Lead from the output port of the amp to the 'arc' hdmi port on the tv"
Should go to an INPUT HDMI on the amp (usually one labelled ARC).
Ignore if it's just a typo in your post of course.

This "I've connected an HDMI Lead from the output port of the amp to the 'arc' hdmi port on the tv"
Should go to an INPUT HDMI on the amp (usually one labelled ARC).
Ignore if it's just a typo in your post of course.
No? OP was correct in their statement, the input is on the TV :)

Disabled "CEC/LAN/BluOS, and all is fine now - many thanks.

re the sound quality - I feel that the sound for stereo music and for films is so much better than my Marantz SR7011. It just seems so much more detailed,,

Can only get better when you setup Dirac, I'm a little jealous

Disabled "CEC/LAN/BluOS, and all is fine now - many thanks.

re the sound quality - I feel that the sound for stereo music and for films is so much better than my Marantz SR7011. It just seems so much more detailed,,

I had a similar experiance going from the sr7010 to my arcam. I really liked my marantz but do not think ill go back to them now tbh

I have T758v3 and it matches what I need and love Dirac. however i find that after a while I need to unplug the amp for a few minutes otherwise the system only plays PCM stereo.

If PCM stereo is set to Dolby surround in listening mode I can at least get Dolby surround but obviously not Dolby digital/Atmos. whilst this fixes the issue it is not ideal as it normally only lasts a day or so.

looking at source and code on front panel both say 2 channel PCM even if any of my sources (Samsung 4K player, PS4 or other) are set to bitstream, auto, or other options. I assume the source is not the issue as I make no change to them to fix it.

Once I do a hard power off all works as expected, any suggestions welcome.

Apologies if this question has already been posted....

Thanks I will try that. I had tried it a while ago but your post made Me realise I did it with the fault already existing, so I have just reset everything and will let you know how it works out,

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom