NAD T758v3 - Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 - Dirac Live

Yeah just stick with what you have and save your money.

Thanks!
I will! But I will get another T758 for downstairs where I’ll have my home theater

The StormAudio processor, maybe? Not sure

Nothing a MiniDSP 2x4 can't fix :)

Any guides on setting up MiniDSP 2x4 with the T758 to run dual subs? I have dual subs at the moment which is just run from the single output and split, but I've heard the MiniDSP 2x4 is the way to do it properly but dont know much about it.

Appears the dirac sub module will not work on the nad...according to avs

I think that's only based on one person who asked a Nad rep, wouldn't be the first time a company rep has got it wrong, having an Arcam taught me that much - time will tell.

Also rumours of new Nad AVRs this Autumn!

I think that's only based on one person who asked a Nad rep, wouldn't be the first time a company rep has got it wrong, having an Arcam taught me that much - time will tell.

Also rumours of new Nad AVRs this Autumn!

I talked to NAD about this and they said that I won’t have this upcoming receiver under the Tree this year

It’s a work in progress and it’s not ready for release

It has 9 amplifiers built in though which is nice

The price will probably be a bit above current T777 v3 so another T758 will be perfect for me :)

You can’t get more value the a T758 v3 in my opinion so I’m perfectly satisfied

Indeed, let's wait until the Dirac modules are actually released before we jump to any conclusions

Either way I'm not too fussed, MSO has done a fantastic job with my subs
Is MSO a separate module? Better value the. MiniDSP 2x4?

Plus a phd in quantum physics just to understand how to use it.....unless your a professor.
Some people just want plug and play...
Tbh ive started looking for alternatives to the nad..., nothing wrong with it i dont have time to spend years getting it dialled in anymore, lifes too short

Last edited:
Plus a phd in quantum physics just to understand how to use it.....unless your a professor.
Some people just want plug and play...
Tbh ive started looking for alternatives to the nad..., nothing wrong with it i dont have time to spend years getting it dialled in anymore, lifes too short

Its Easy to set up just the NAD and one sub but maybe it’s a lot harder with two?

Is it normal for Dirac to always set the sub delay to 0 and just add the delay to the other speakers ?

I was talking about mso....it is easy to set up on the nad for sure...im just not % happy with the lack of bass...ive put every harman in meh....

Lack of Bass? Maybe lack of boomy bass? For me the bass is tight and dry when it’s supposed to be and thundering when it’s suppose to

I don’t like Harman curve at all. I just increase the bass manually after 100hz on the Dirac stock curve and the sound is amazing. Increase the bass to your liking. I increase it by about 3db from Dirac stock between 15-80hz

How do you do that then?

You just click on the frequency points/dots on the stock curve and slide them up a bit and then copy your curve and apply that curve to all of your speaker groups. Then adjust
The sliders to suite your speakers frequency response

Its Easy to set up just the NAD and one sub but maybe it’s a lot harder with two?

Nah, it's easy :)

Is it normal for Dirac to always set the sub delay to 0 and just add the delay to the other speakers ?

Yes, the sub is often the furthest away (and almost always will be due to the delay in the sub's DSP processing) so other speakers that are closer are delayed slightly so all the sound arrives to you at the same time

Nah, it's easy :)

Yes, the sub is often the furthest away (and almost always will be due to the delay in the sub's DSP processing) so other speakers that are closer are delayed slightly so all the sound arrives to you at the same time
Thanks.

Morning all, I've been looking at the T758 v3 for a while now, watching the bugs and issues come and go. Are we pretty much bug free now?

I have a few questions:

The plan is to get rid of my Yamaha RX1050, Yamaha A-S1100 and Cambridge 851N streamer and replace with this box, mainly because the Mrs isn't keen on multiple boxes. Has anyone gone from having a setup they really like to one of these current Nad AVRs, is the sound quality really that much better because of Dirac? As much as I like the 851N, I do find the interface quite clunky, mainly because it doesn't use the TV screen, does BluOS let you use the TV screen while listening to music? I have seen it on tablets and phones, but not on the TV.

Also, on the 758, can I listen to stereo music streamed from NAS via BluOS in 2.1 with my sub?

Does the upgraded Dirac on the 758 mean that I no longer need an Anti-mode?

Thanks, I'm sure there's more I need to ask, but this will do for now, cheers :D

Morning all, I've been looking at the T758 v3 for a while now, watching the bugs and issues come and go. Are we pretty much bug free now?

I have a few questions:

The plan is to get rid of my Yamaha RX1050, Yamaha A-S1100 and Cambridge 851N streamer and replace with this box, mainly because the Mrs isn't keen on multiple boxes. Has anyone gone from having a setup they really like to one of these current Nad AVRs, is the sound quality really that much better because of Dirac? As much as I like the 851N, I do find the interface quite clunky, mainly because it doesn't use the TV screen, does BluOS let you use the TV screen while listening to music? I have seen it on tablets and phones, but not on the TV.

Also, on the 758, can I listen to stereo music streamed from NAS via BluOS in 2.1 with my sub?

Does the upgraded Dirac on the 758 mean that I no longer need an Anti-mode?

Thanks, I'm sure there's more I need to ask, but this will do for now, cheers :D

Yes bug free. It can be a bit picky with HDMI leads for 4K HDR 50/60Hz content, ARC doesn't work reliably in my setup I think because of Sky Q, but does work for other people but that said ARC is a shit show.

I went from an Arcam AVR 850 which was good and three times the price to this and am happy.

You don't need an Antimode with Dirac but you can use it if you want, do you have multiple subs?

Hopefully, someone else will answer your questions about BluOS

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom