NAD T758v3 - Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 - Dirac Live

Not noticed that one.
Thanks joe - last time it happened I just reloaded the Dirac cal from my iMac - but there seems to be a new feature where if the cal was done with previous firmware you get a load filter error along the lines of "project created for a different device...". I've opened case both with Dirac for the load error and with NAD for the clear filter slot problem - let's see what they both say - George

My observations after a couple of days of testing: NAD is way better for music than the Marantz but for movies and Netflix etc, its quite close. Perhaps a little better separation of sound on the NAD; one can hear more background sounds. This however is with Dirac right out of the box and no tweaking, I probably didn't get the best Dirac measurements in the first place. Headphone amp seems better as well, marantz headphone amp felt quite weak to me.
So I went ahead and bought one today, yay :)
Next few days probably gonna try and setup Dirac and a few AV presets. Need to do more reading on the different curves being discussed; NAD curve, house curve, Harman etc. I need to buy the Ethernet to USB adapter and maybe an HDMI switch as well.

Regarding the Ethernet adapter, there are many available on Amazon for 8-13 pounds, some with additional USB ports as well.Would any Ethernet adapter work or is the NAD fussy about some? Thanks.

Regarding the Ethernet adapter, there are many available on Amazon for 8-13 pounds, some with additional USB ports as well.Would any Ethernet adapter work or is the NAD fussy about some? Thanks.
This is the one I use, works perfectly

I initially bought it for my Wii, but turned out it worked on the NAD too

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks joe - last time it happened I just reloaded the Dirac cal from my iMac - but there seems to be a new feature where if the cal was done with previous firmware you get a load filter error along the lines of "project created for a different device...". I've opened case both with Dirac for the load error and with NAD for the clear filter slot problem - let's see what they both say - George
Looks like there was something strange after the latest NAD firmware update - got a note from Dirac saying they are investigating

Hi guys,
Got the new NAD. Before I plug it in, just wanted to confirm if this is indeed the new board?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20190618_203117.jpg
    IMG_20190618_203117.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 102
Setting up Dirac Live room correction for your NAD using the smartphone App..

:) Flavio

Last edited:
I must admit the NAD is a little fussy with HDMI cables. Since I got the LG C9 I have been having a few issues with my TIVO displaying on the C9. Quite often got “invalid format” displayed, then a whole cycle of turning C9 off, TIVO off and NAD off. As they say it should be easier than this. I had no issues with the ATV 4K or LX500. But the strange thing is the TIVO displayed content fine, even 4K HLG. So I bought a new HDMI cable and the TIVO through to the NAD to the C9 is much better behaved. So moral of story these HDMI issues can be a little more nuanced than you think - George

Try the order you put stuff on? I had a mare with sky but found if i turn oled on first, then nad, wait a few seconds then do sky/ appletv4k its spot on. Whilst dirac is blooming good sometimes the nad foibles ruin it for me and i think just get rid of it...then i play a film with beq as well and go oh wow...

Ive just today got ms working on bootcamp and have been following the mso tutorial today, gotta say i can see how it does it but blooming heck its complicated anyone guide me through?

Try the order you put stuff on? I had a mare with sky but found if i turn oled on first, then nad, wait a few seconds then do sky/ appletv4k its spot on
I usually do NAD 1st so the power amp can click on as well then tv then TiVo, etc. I might try your way as another option.

Tbh the issue was more watching something on ATV and then wanting to watch live TV. That’s when I would get invalid format on the LG C9, I.e. switching sources. That’s doesn’t seem to be happening at the moment

Looks like there was something strange after the latest NAD firmware update - got a note from Dirac saying they are investigating
Dirac sent me a ‘test’ version for my Mac that I just tested. They seem to have fixed the previous firmware download issue - pretty good re responsiveness to a reported bug

I’m in the market for a new AVR speaker combo. I am deciding between Arcam 390/550 and NAD 758 v3.

If I choose Nad, is it worth paying the extra £1200 please ? I understand the usual differences such as additional HDMI inputs and output, built in Ethernet, extra wattage, which is nothing, etc. Overall, they can’t command the hefty premium. I can’t find anything else even in their website.

Thanks

I’m in the market for a new AVR speaker combo. I am deciding between Arcam 390/550 and NAD 758 v3.

If I choose Nad, is it worth paying the extra £1200 please ? I understand the usual differences such as additional HDMI inputs and output, built in Ethernet, extra wattage, which is nothing, etc. Overall, they can’t command the hefty premium. I can’t find anything else even in their website.

Thanks
Do you mean the T777v3 or T758v3? Your post mentions the 758 and that costs1200 pounds, so quite a bit less than the Arcams.

Do you mean the T777v3 or T758v3? Your post mentions the 758 and that costs1200 pounds, so quite a bit less than the Arcams.

Oops, yes the choice between T777 V3 and T758 V3, if I were to go down the NAD route. Thx

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom