Quantcast

Naim Mu-So Qb 2nd Generation Review & Comments

Cribbster

To be honest, I wasn't massively impressed with the first one when I saw them a couple of years ago at the Bristol Show. Even less impressed with the Muso which sounded really boxy and quite underwhelming for the price. I am sure there will be some of the new QB2s ( :) ) at this year's show so I will take a look at them and see what I think. Not cheap though, are they?!

paulclissold

Purchased the QB2 last month and thoroughly enjoy it. I use it in the front room (living room) and stream my Apple music (and my collected itunes music over the years) flawlessly. There is also a free 3 month trial of Tidal that comes with the purchase.

It is obviously beautifully made and looks sumptuous. The musicality of the QB2 always delights and I just find myself listening to things and hearing added detail and 'nuances' that I never knew existed (or never heard before) i.e Genesis and The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway 'opens' up so much detail.

Downsides? If you want to 'rock out' to extreme levels it can become a little strained. But for me (and at the sound levels that I enjoy) it is a triumph.

The 'app' is adequate and does what it is meant to do. Overall I am seriously impressed with it.

barnitto

I have both an original Muso and QB and really like them, the level of bass is very impressive. Don’t believe it is worth upgrading though.

pressure

I still fancy some Naim goodness in my life, and I’d love one of these for the kitchen. I’d have to plug an Alexa into the 3.5mm socket though or there would be trouble from the family!

indus

Distinguished Member
I'll start of by saying I've never heard one of these but....can a single speaker ever sound 'right'?
I know it's in a much lower league but I tried a single Sonos One and having the sound come from a single point source just sounded odd. When I added a second speaker it sounded right/more realistic.

As I said, I haven't heard one but I can't understand how the sound quality from a single speaker can be worth close to £1000.

daddy999

I'll start of by saying I've never heard one of these but....can a single speaker ever sound 'right'?
I know it's in a much lower league but I tried a single Sonos One and having the sound come from a single point source just sounded odd. When I added a second speaker it sounded right/more realistic.

As I said, I haven't heard one but I can't understand how the sound quality from a single speaker can be worth close to £1000.
I’ve demo’d the old one, and, as much as not I’m really a fan of Naim, it did sound really impressive for a small, 1 box wonder. Whether it’s £1000 worth of “impressiveness“ is up to the individual I guess.......my kids both agree it‘s worth it though! 😂

Lovespuds

Standard Member
I have the original speaker and I'm rather disappointed to hear this new model has not had a design improvement to try and resolve the fundamental issue with it I.e. the fact that the base totally overwhelms the mids and highs of music. It looks amazing and classy but it just absolutely murders mids and highs. It's a weird decision to add support for higher quality music when the type of subtlety your likely to get from that just could not be appreaciated unless the speaker had had a significant physical change to address its big fat elephantine base and if your going to put some lipstick on this by upgrading codec support then why no atpx Bluetooth in 2020 when virtually every phone these days supports it on such an expensive speaker.

Top Bottom