Naim ND5 XS2 Network Audio Player Review & Comments

I had a listen to this at the back end of last year and thought it sounded amazing. It really brought out a lot of detail in my speakers (b&w 702 S2). In the end I felt the price was just a bit too high to justify the purchase.

I ended up going for a second hand Naim NDX which has replaced the multichannel setup. Cometely agree with you on that one, I love the sound and haven't looked back since I swapped.

When it comes to the app: I think it's excellent, very user friendly. As you highlighted the Spotify integration is not as good as the Tidal integration. I'd really recommend getting a Tidal subscription (or at least a free trial) to use with the Naim app.

All these Naim products look fabulous IMO. But boy, they aint cheap. As @Paul7777x said, make this with a pre amp and I'd have to seriously consider this.

It all boils down to the sound and Naim always delivers! Always!

Best regards
G

2300 reasons I would NOT buy this. All related to the fact that my receiver can do what this machine does.

Heck my relatively inexpensive phone can do everything this does. And so can loads of little cheap and cheerful boxes - and with a digital output that means that means your downstream DAC/AMP is handling audio quality.

£2000 for a streamer is just very silly money.

Heck my relatively inexpensive phone can do everything this does. And so can loads of little cheap and cheerful boxes - and with a digital output that means that means your downstream DAC/AMP is handling audio quality.

£2000 for a streamer is just very silly money.
I sense more than a little hint of sarcasm.
My point was that the difference between a 1000 quid receiver and the naim in terms of sound and functionality would not justify a 2300 outlay. After all you are paying for fairly standard electronics and a gui app. So I summise that you are paying for the Naim name.
But then again I have more sense than money.

No sarcasm. Straight up opinion - £2300 is taking the piss of "audiophiles" with a massive box of nothing that can be accomplished by paying tens of pounds for the same functionality.

No sarcasm. Straight up opinion - £2300 is taking the piss of "audiophiles" with a massive box of nothing that can be accomplished by paying tens of pounds for the same functionality.
In that case you have convinced me to go ahead with purchase of a lg g7 phone which is feted for its quad dac feature. Whatver the quad means

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom