Neat Ministra Standmount Speaker Review & Comments

I did feel they needed to be closer to the back wall to be at its best. And the tweeter could be a little too spicy on lesser recordings.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review Ed,

Looks wise the front reminds me of Dynaudios

I see you recommended the Naim Amp, was that because it is more resolving than the Cambrige or better at driving the speakers.

Gordon

Good review, thanks - been waiting for someone to review these as they look ideal for my small lounge (to be powered by a Superuniti).

How did they compare to the other Neat stand mounters (iota and sx3)?

Since Derek Gilligan left the team at Neat, there speakers don't appear to have advanced as much, a shame really that he left and set Kudos as THE top end speaker manufacturer.

I confess I own a pair of the original Neat Motive 2's as designed by Derek, and for a substantial upgrade I would need to spend at least £3k I think. I heard the X2's whick I would put on a par with the motive 2's

Lovely looking things in black. Heinously ugly in walnut or whatever it is.

I think they missed a trick not offering them in the white finish of the floorstanders though.

Many a lady might have had her head turned...

I moved to Neat Iota Explorers when a friend’s child killed my Wilson Benesch Arcs! And I love them, so so musical. Not cheap at £3.5k, but then again the Arcs were that price to.

Lovely looking things in black. Heinously ugly in walnut or whatever it is.

I think they missed a trick not offering them in the white finish of the floorstanders though.

Many a lady might have had her head turned...
Yes, gloss white and black would be killer

I was very impressed with them, even in the confines of the Bristol Show.

Thanks for the review Ed,

Looks wise the front reminds me of Dynaudios

I see you recommended the Naim Amp, was that because it is more resolving than the Cambrige or better at driving the speakers.

Gordon

Naim and Neat have always gone together like Fish and Chips... they just seem to work. The amps deliver lots of power, the speakers thrive on it.... and the sound partnership just works.

Thanks for the review. The Neat seems to be a great choice :) How do the Neat go with a Rotel amplifier (Rotel A14).

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom