Question Need a new projector to replace an EPSON EH TW6100. Please help! :)

Grurble

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

So I’ve had my trusty EPSON EH TW6100 projector on the go for 6 years now and its finally kaput (it’s served me well!).

So I’m in the market for a replacement but don’t really know where to start.

Its a relatively short-throw (about 12ft from projector to screen) and is being cast onto a Sapphire 92 inch screen.

Not bothered about 3D and it’s being used mostly for streaming moves (Netflix etc, and sport.

Budget of £1500-£2000 or so.

What do you recommend?

Cheers 🙂.

Hi folks,

So I’ve had my trusty EPSON EH TW6100 projector on the go for 6 years now and its finally kaput (it’s served me well!).

So I’m in the market for a replacement but don’t really know where to start.

Its a relatively short-throw (about 12ft from projector to screen) and is being cast onto a Sapphire 92 inch screen.

Not bothered about 3D and it’s being used mostly for streaming moves (Netflix etc, and sport.

Budget of £1500-£2000 or so.

What do you recommend?

Cheers 🙂.

What's the seating distance?
Are you happy with the screen size?

What is the length of the room?

TV's have gotten very close to a 92" screen and will surpass any projector in picture quality.

Thanks - I did think about at TV but it’s too problematic in terms of electrics layout etc so will stick to the projector for now as it’s all set up.

Yes, completely happy with the screen size, and the seating is below the projector, so also at around 12 foot from the screen. The room is around 14 x 14.

I run a single HDMI into the projector from a 4x2 matrix (Sky, Roku, PS4) and sound is via a Sonos playbar (using a hdmi optical convertor thingy!).

Hope that helps give the full picture. 👍🏼

Thanks - I did think about at TV but it’s too problematic in terms of electrics layout etc so will stick to the projector for now as it’s all set up.

Yes, completely happy with the screen size, and the seating is below the projector, so also at around 12 foot from the screen. The room is around 14 x 14.

I run a single HDMI into the projector from a 4x2 matrix (Sky, Roku, PS4) and sound is via a Sonos playbar (using a hdmi optical convertor thingy!).

Hope that helps give the full picture. 👍🏼

The current throw ratio is 1.79x. Not that many projectors with this throw ratio.

Second issue is offset. According to PC calculator offset is 100%, which means the center of the lens is at the same height as the top visible part of the screen.

A unit with great picture quality and would fit the current mount (if it can hold the 25lbs. wight of the unit) is the TW9400:

The TW7100, with worse blacks and not as good a picture quality as the TW9400:

Or Benq W2700, but the mount would have to be moved:

Maybe my unit would suffice ;)

Maybe my unit would suffice ;)
Think you may be a bit late 7 months on

We have all done it

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom