Question Need compatible smart plugs

Orcrone

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a Harmony Elite hub & remote which I control from the remote or via Google Home voice command. I wish to have a system where I can press a button (or issue a verbal command) and all the required HT equipment will power on and the lights will turn on/turn off or dim as I program.

First I tried TP-Link products. I used Samsungs Smartthings and eventually, using the help I found here, was able to do what I wanted. However, I could not get the dimmer to work properly. So I decided to go another route and purchase Lutron Lighting products. However, the only ones I can find are the Plug-In lamp dimmer switch for $44 each.

I don't need the dimmer so I am looking for advice as to which smart plugs to go with.

Thanks!!!!!

I think I understand what you want to do, I also have a harmony hub and this turns on tv, amp etc. A also have a media player and normally leave it powered off as i only use it occasionally. There is an activity on my remote to turn on tv, change amp and use the media player.

I have added a "routine" set up within the google home app which sends the command to turn on the wifi controlled mains plug to turn on the media player and then starts the harmony activity to control the tv, amp and media player.

The make i use is Sonoff S26 WiFi plug

As far as lighting goes you need to be looking at light bulbs themselves. I have phillips hue where you can create different light scenes. ie set brightness by %. you may also be able to use other brands of wifi/bluetooth enabled lightbulbs? I use alexa so assume you can set up routines with google. I simply tell alexa what % brightness to set bulbs too. Not sure if you can select particular light scene with alexa routines. In my living room i have harmony remote & hub, Philips hue bulb, kasa sockets for standard light & subwoofer. So, for example i have a routine created in alexa called "Goodnight" It turns all my AV/TV, subwoofer & lighting off & also reminds me to check all the doors are locked. Hope this helps?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom