need help deciding on soundbars

bimfi

At little background first. For years, I have always utilized an AV receiver with my various devices (Roku, AppleTV, FireTV, TV, etc). I recently moved to a new home and am trying to figure out how to arrange speakers, receivers, subwoofer, etc.
I kind of decided to ditch the traditional setup and go with a soundbar instead of surround speakers. The problem I am encountering is what to do with my 15" powered subwoofer. I need a soundbar that will allow me to connect my existing sub to it and not a sub that usually comes with a soundbar. I've seen some systems that are around $1500, but that's a lot of moola to spend if it does not sound good. Would a soundbar with Atmos be a good idea? I am also thinking that a soundbar with HDMI inputs might make better sense than to connect all of my devices to the TV's HDMI inputs. I will be connecting my BD player, Roku, FireTV stick, AppleTV, and maybe something later on down the road.

Any suggestions or comments? Thanks!

keithwiggins

The mass market brands want to supply packages , so there fore the subs that they supply use propriety interfaces, this means your sub simply wont work with this type of product.
Your choices then if you want to keep the sub become a little more ltd, however this will take you into the more audio quality focused sound bars. Have a look at Blusound and Dali soundbars they will accept via a phono cable external subs.

bimfi

I decided on Sennheiser. Has HDMI inputs plus sub output. Hopefully it will sound good when I hook it up.

johnr2110

The mass market brands want to supply packages , so there fore the subs that they supply use propriety interfaces, this means your sub simply wont work with this type of product.
Your choices then if you want to keep the sub become a little more ltd, however this will take you into the more audio quality focused sound bars. Have a look at Blusound and Dali soundbars they will accept via a phono cable external subs.
Likewise the Q Acoustics M4 can also be connected to a Sub via the phono input.

bimfi

My Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar should be arriving today. It will be sitting on top of a bookshelf cabinet that I am concerned may produce unwanted resonation by the soundbar. Would placing sound isolation feet under the soundbar reduce or remove this unwanted resonance? I also have a 15" subwoofer that will be set a short distance away from the cabinet and will sit either on carpet or ceramic tile. Will isolation feet help this subwoofer? Thanks!

TomFin

Novice Member
Hello! I need an advice for deciding should i buy Samsung Q90R soundbar or LG's new sn11rg. I can buy the Samsung at the moment for 699€ (635£) and sn11rg for 999€ (907£). I know Q90R had some problems with the rear speakers, are those still present with the newer firmwares? 90% of my viewing is streaming content.

keithwiggins

My Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar should be arriving today. It will be sitting on top of a bookshelf cabinet that I am concerned may produce unwanted resonation by the soundbar. Would placing sound isolation feet under the soundbar reduce or remove this unwanted resonance? I also have a 15" subwoofer that will be set a short distance away from the cabinet and will sit either on carpet or ceramic tile. Will isolation feet help this subwoofer? Thanks!
On my stage i use 4 sorbothane feet that can be had on flebay for about £10 per pack

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom