need help identifying a gaming desktop

ocpelon01

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi my name is art and thank you for allowing me to post on this website. i recently bought a pallet of electronics at an auction and there was a gaming desktop in there. now i have never owned or had a gaming desktop. i am in the process of putting it up for sale. and although im a little familiar with the insides of a computer. i have no idea as far as how much they go for. so i was hoping someone could help me out. what i know about this is its got a futuristic white case with on side plexiglass see through inside there is an asus long graphic card with two fans and what looks like a coil. it has an evga 500 power box and three different fans not including the one in the evga. it has a hdd and 3 3.0 usb ports along with all the normal stuff a computer would have plus some extras. i managed to get it to turn on and there were red and blue lights inside desktop glowing except since i wasnt sure exactly where each cable went, everytime i turn it on it makes a long beeping sound until i turn it off. but the fans turn on. i did remove the cpu and cleaned it adding some arctic compound and returning it back to board. im figuring out how to take pics and download them here. so my question is two of my neighbors have seen it and offered to buy it but i have no idea where to begin. i am self employed and my business is to buy broken or used vacuums and sewing machines and donate them to anyone in need. senior living boys and girls clubs etc. so this would help me to buy things i need for that. sorry so long of a post but i thank you in advance

If you go into the BIOS that will tell you the type of CPU and how much RAM it has, this will affect the price.
You should see a message about which key to press to enter the BIOS.

It's been assembled using off the shelf components from your description. While this could have been done by a company instead of an individual it will make no difference to the value.

The value will depend on the components, so you need to check the stickers on each of them for the model number which you can look up.

The CPU will be printed on the top of it so depending on how far your thermal compound spread you may need to wipe it off to read that.

From your description it sounds like a lower mid-range collection of stuff that I'd expect to be worth a couple of hundred when working, although it depends on the exact components.

thank you both for the information. to endlesswaves i think you may be dead on. the only thing on case is a sticker that says intel. i think its homeade. since writing the post i managed to get it to turn on two fans started some lights when on except theres a long beep kind of loud when i start it wont stop unless i turn it off. your approximation of the amount is appreciated. im hoping to make sure it gets in the hands of maybe a gamer starting off but doesnt have alot of money. i had 50 bucks in my head as a number which i think ill stick with. should be a good deal for someone and everyone wins i thank you kindly for your help

Without any idea of the age or parts it's impossible to say. It could be £20, it could be £500.

EVGA got into the power supply market around 2012-2013 IIRC so that puts an upper limit on the age. All the other things you describe were around at that time.

Does it have a total of 3 USB ports, all USB3 or 3 USB 3 ports and more USB 2 ports?

If the ports are all USB3 then it's going to be a newer machine and more desirable/valuable - especially on a budget motherboard with just 3 in total.

I'd at least look up the graphics card as that's the most important factor.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom