Question NEED HELP WITH DIY CROSSOVER

DREADKNOT2077

Novice Member
Reaction score
I WANT BUILD A 3-WAY CROSSOVER AN A GUY AT PARTS EXPRESS

SAID I CAN USE THER HIGH AN LOWPASS FILTERS TO CUSTOMIZE MY OWN DESIGN EVEN STACK THEM TO GET 24-db-octave

BUT I CANT VISUALLY WRAP MY HEAD AROUND HOW

PLEASE IF SOMEONE COULD SHOW ME IN A DIAGRAM HOW TO PUT THESE PARTS TOGATHER TO MAKE A 3-WAY CROSSOVER AN WHAT ELSE I NEED ALSO THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO ACHIEVE

600 WATTS RMS INPUT 8 OHMS WITH 200 WATTS TO EACH SET OF DRIVERS - LOWS ,MIDS,AN HIGHS

WITH THIS CROSSOVER CONFIG - 2000HZ / 6000HZ ALL WITH 48DB OCTAVE SLOPES

TWO - B&C 10PLB76 98dBSensitivity (1W/1m) 10IN 8OHM WOOFERS WIRED TO 4 OHMS

TWO - PRV Audio WG275Ph 1" Horn Loaded Midrange 8 Ohm SPL: 106 dB 2.83V/1m

WIRED TO 4 OHMS AN (to be attenuated 8db )

ONE - Visaton HTH 8.7 Professional Constant Directivity Horn 8 Ohm AT 8OHMS

WITH AT SPL: 106 dB 1W/1m ( to be attenuated 8db )

CROSSOVER PICKS ARE

FOUR OF THESE - "Dayton Audio 2k-LPF-4 Low Pass Speaker Crossover 2,000 Hz 12 dB/Octave" from www.parts-express.com!

FOUR OF THESE - "Dayton Audio 6k-HPF-8 High Pass Speaker Crossover 6,000 Hz 12 dB/Octave" from www.parts-express.com!

Off the shelf crossovers are generally not recommended. They are not at all custom to the components your using and the end product would likely sound horrible. The options are, buy a kit and assemble, copy someone else’s tested and tried design, or invest the time and money in starting from scratch, carefully selecting components to see if they would be a good fit, taking accurate measurements etc.

ok thanks ,time an money sounds like the better path it will just take a moment for that,

also do you know if the soundeasy 24 software can be used to design a 3-way crossover with

48DB OCTAVE SLOPES an 8db attenuations an do you know if its driver database includes the

mentioned drivers

id need to know the details before i plug the trigger on such a buy

I am not an expert on this, what are you trying to achieve and what is their intended use? It really is not a simple task at all.

I'm guessing you are spending significant money on this project... seems to me that you should get the supplier's advice... and better still get them to make it. Crossovers that use indictors and capacitors tend to be designed for the speaker+cabinet, since the mounting affects the response....e.g. sealed or reflex.
As you are asking, I'm guessing you won't have any test-gear( to measure the results.)..which rather makes the whole exercise likely to waste your time.... Better, IMHO to buy a set of speakers where all these compromises/design options are sorted..

+Hope that is some help...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom