Question Need recommendations for projector and screen

fisi

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Any advice what projector and screen to get need to replace my tv, the longest distance in my room is 3.70 m i need a screen around 100 to 110 inch think i mite need a short trow to achieve that size but have a low budget of £500 to £1000 for both projector and screen thanks.

Hi all

Any advice what projector and screen to get need to replace my tv, the longest distance in my room is 3.70 m i need a screen around 100 to 110 inch think i mite need a short trow to achieve that size but have a low budget of £500 to £1000 for both projector and screen thanks.

Might be difficult to get 4K in this budget.

Screen size should not be chosen until the projector is used for a few weeks on a wall.
110" from 370cm is rather small IMO.

Projectors don't do well in ambient light. For that a TV would be much better.

Not only will ambient light affect picture quality, but so will wall reflections:
Example:

So:
Can the room be treated?
Will there be any ambient light?
What is the seating distance?
4K or 1080p?

Might be difficult to get 4K in this budget.

So:
Can the room be treated?
Will there be any ambient light?
What is the seating distance?
4K or 1080p?

Hi thank you for reply :), not bothered abut 4k really 1080p will do
Room is painted white and there shod not be much reflections planing to use it for movies mostly so wont have any lights on or coming in .
The room is small about 3 meters distance form seating and less then 4 meters mounting abut 3.70 assume my only options will be short throw since i cant get big image form such a close distance thanks again.

Hi thank you for reply :), not bothered abut 4k really 1080p will do
Room is painted white and there shod not be much reflections planing to use it for movies mostly so wont have any lights on or coming in .
The room is small about 3 meters distance form seating and less then 4 meters mounting abut 3.70 assume my only options will be short throw since i cant get big image form such a close distance thanks again.

White walls are the worst, there will be the most reflections just as that facebook video above illustrates.

A very general ratio is 10-12" in diagonal for every foot in distance.
300cm = 9.84'
So that would result in between 98.4 and 118.08". Generally speaking. Project fist then decide.

A projector like Benq W1110/W1120/W2000/W2000+/W1090 would do, or any other 1080p DLP projector with a RGBRGB color wheel.

Or an Epson TW6700.

As for a screen, these ones should be fine, but maybe others who are more familiar with the UK's screen market can comment:

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
White walls are the worst, there will be the most reflections just as that facebook video above illustrates.

A very general ratio is 10-12" in diagonal for every foot in distance.
300cm = 9.84'
So that would result in between 98.4 and 118.08". Generally speaking. Project fist then decide.

A projector like Benq W1110/W1120/W2000/W2000+/W1090 would do, or any other 1080p DLP projector with a RGBRGB color wheel.

Or an Epson TW6700.

As for a screen, these ones should be fine, but maybe others who are more familiar with the UK's screen market can comment:

Thank you again really useful information , before i made this post i was looking at 2 projectors on amazon Optoma GT1080E Full HD 1080p Short throw ( i gathered i need this one because of small room ) and Optoma HD143X HDMI 3000 ANSI

Screen i had in basket was the

Elite Screens SB110WH2 100-Inch 3D 4K/8K UHD Fixed Frame Home Theatre Projector Screen Kit - CineWhite

Do you think i will be able to achieve 100" with Optoma HD143X ? or gt1080 is better ?

Is there any specific one you wold recommend to get out of this 2 or the ones you mentioned ?

Thanks again.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thank you again really useful information , before i made this post i was looking at 2 projectors on amazon Optoma GT1080E Full HD 1080p Short throw ( i gathered i need this one because of small room ) and Optoma HD143X HDMI 3000 ANSI

Screen i had in basket was the

Elite Screens SB110WH2 100-Inch 3D 4K/8K UHD Fixed Frame Home Theatre Projector Screen Kit - CineWhite

Do you think i will be able to achieve 100" with Optoma HD143X ? or gt1080 is better ?

Is there any specific one you wold recommend to get out of this 2 or the ones you mentioned ?

Thanks again.

Don't get a screen until the projector has been used on the wall for some time. That brand screen is fine.

Both those projectors are not rgbrgb color wheel models, and prioritize brightness over color and picture quality. The Optoma is a gaming projector.

A projector with a rgbrgb color wheel would be the best option. Mentioned in post #4 a few Benq models. Or Viewsonic Viewsonic PX725HD or Pro7827HD. Or another model, depends what you can find.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom