Neeo Remote

I never came across Prontos and couldn't have afforded one if I had!
The Neeo actually does more than I need, but does it very well.

I would never have bought one new but they’re built like tanks and providing you’re prepared to put some effort in to learn how to program them they are very powerful.

I just need to see more positive reviews before I commit.

I am having Savant installed next Thursday will be able to give feedback once it is in. I am replacing Control4 with it.

So finally picked up the neeo... first impression well built hard to configure lol.. need a good day with it or two

Let us know how you get on!

Will do. The screen is amazing for a remote, first issue is getting the Sonos playbar as the sound source for a sky q recipe.

Ok so spent a few hours and yeah really impressed..! the amount of custom buttons, recipes and favourites is amazing. Having album information on my remote when playing music through sonos is fantastic. Not going to get bored. Philips hue and lifx could be better. the screen is lovely and responsive. Could have better icons.

Need to find out if you can change the hard buttons though. Yeah really happy so far.

Thanks for the information, I'm still trying to decide whether there's more advantages or disadvantages.

So where is the cheapest place to buy, has anyone negotiated a discount?

There aren't any specific places to buy. I kept looking at Ebay until one came up and I made an offer for it which was accepted.

I did see one in cex and they didn’t know it was the remote and brain for £200 but it was down in the big smoke...

I'm selling my Black Cat version if anyone is interested?

NEEO joins the Control4 Family

NEEO is screwing over everyone who has purchased one of these remotes, they are not going to develop the remote any longer and are only committing to 24months of the remote staying active and usable.

Phew, bullet dodged. I enquired about this around a year ago and the response was “buy it, you’ll love”. I wasn’t convinced as there had been no independent reviews of it. I wouldn’t buy until I’d read one.

So I’ll be staying with my Philips Pronto until such time as it gives up the ghost or I do.

It is not surprising really. It was too expensive to be a stand alone product in a market dominated by Logitech. Moving to C4 was probably a lifeline and fits in better with a premium product like C4.

It is not surprising really. It was too expensive to be a stand alone product in a market dominated by Logitech. Moving to C4 was probably a lifeline and fits in better with a premium product like C4.
Did you read the link, this Raphael guy is telling everyone he's getting loads of money and a new position at C4 whilst screwing over everyone he's taken money from, what a prick.

It’s a fing great remote which could have been one of the best. I have this and test the sevenhugs remote the neeo is more polished but the hugs remote keeps turning out updates and every update keeps improving it by leaps and bounds. The latest adds shield support. They really listen.
But back in to the neeo it has got support for 24months but they promised support for products which they have not given I can see legal proceedings state side.. mine will be in the classifieds asap also purchased a second brain recently doh.! And I would have kept it even with the news had I not got the sevenhugs remote

Did you read the link, this Raphael guy is telling everyone he's getting loads of money and a new position at C4 whilst screwing over everyone he's taken money from, what a prick.
Reminds me of David Brent in The Office when announcing redundancies but he would be getting a promotion.

I thnk that the announcement is commonly referred to as a turd Sandwich, apparent good news framing bad.

I feel sorry for purchasers of the NEEO, I looked at purchasing one several times, but this is always the gamble getting in at the ground floor with a new product. There are plenty of kickstarters that haven't even lasted 18 months. I think that at least they have provided a 2 year exit plan and they are honouring refunds on any purchases in the past 30 days. Given that they have failed to meet and will not meet many of the original claims that the NEEO was sold under:

Out of the box, the Neeo was supposed to come with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Thread, ZigBee, and Z-Wave compatibility. Neeo claimed it would work with more than 30,000 devices, including Sonos speakers, Apple TV, Roku, and Philips Hue lightbulbs. With its infrared technology, it boasted control of 55,000 TVs and 19,000 DVD players, as well as cable and satellite boxes

I think that UK customers may have a strong case for a full refund even outside the 30 day refund period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine has today stopped showing the background picture - coincidence?

The design behind the icons.

That’s the new black design. You can change it back in the app. Well I think it is anyway.

Last edited:
It was back the next day!

OH Well that saved me a few £'s as I was considering it to replace my Elite.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom