Nephew xmas build

shaynemawer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, Ive been asked to look into and build my nephew a gaming pc for xmas.

Been totally honest, I've only ever built two computers (about 8 years ago) and had a fair bit of help in regards to picking components and again need some component matching help.

Budget is around the £600 mark and games wise he'll be playing the likes of COD, Fortnite etc so them sort of games.

Obviously understand at £600 hes not going hot top end gaming, bit hopefully he will het performance to match the ps4/xbox one and then can add to improve the machine in the future.

I've managed to get started and source an unopened Ryzen 3600x for £150.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

B450 motherboard
16gb 3200mhz ram
Used RX580
500W Bronze (or higher rated) psu
500GB ssd/nvme (1TB if budget allows)

Cheers, I'll start to have a look and see what can get put together

okay so here is where i am (ignore the cpu, that is actually the Ryzen 5 3600X, just went for one closest to the price i paid to help budget planning)

although the cpu i got was second hand as such, i know where it's come from and that it is unopened and unused and i'd rather try not go into the second hand market at the minute as this is a xmas present and i'd rather get everything new and lower the risk of picking a faulty used second hand part.

is this capable of gaming to the equivalent of the ps4 ? if not what would you change to improve the machine but staying within the £600 mark if possible (slightly over would be doable)

Thank you :)

All looks good but if he's only using it for gaming then I'd ditch the hdd and spend £100 on a 1TB SSD. Hard drives are rapidly becoming obsolete unless you're using them for file storage.

All looks good but if he's only using it for gaming then I'd ditch the hdd and spend £100 on a 1TB SSD. Hard drives are rapidly becoming obsolete unless you're using them for file storage.

the only thing he might use it for in terms of storage is school work, but suppose he could use a decent usb stick for that

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom