Netflix 4K low bitrate

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know that Netflix lowered the 4K bit rate during the pandemic but I thought it was now restored. I used to get around 15Mbps or 11mbps. Currently never goes over 6Mbps.
I tried via the TV app and it was much higher. I also did a network speed check on the Netflix app on sky and was getting about 50mbps so my Internet connection on the sky box is quick enough. Anyone else got any issues, or just me?

thanks

I've found that it's only the current seasons that are back to 4K at 11 Mbps or 15 Mbps, All the earlier one are still at 6 Mbps or less.

Thanks. Yes, I’ve just seen same. I’ll stop messing about trying to resolve and wait for it to be corrected.

Thanks. Yes, I’ve just seen same. I’ll stop messing about trying to resolve and wait for it to be corrected.
TBH I don't think Netflix have any intention of returning all it's 4K content to it's original bit rate otherwise they would have done it by now.

I’m getting a much better picture in all formats by using the netflix app on my LG tv than via the SkyQ box. Especially on 4K stuff

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom