Question Netflix app and atmos

rb5201

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have recently got samsung q70 with n850 soundbar. So far I've watched a few things off netflix direct from the tv app which has atmos. But I haven't heard any overhead effects.

Am I right that the in built apps cannot send atmos to my soundbar and I would need to hook up xbox one x to the soundbar to get the atmos effects?

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Hi all, I have recently got samsung q70 with n850 soundbar. So far I've watched a few things off netflix direct from the tv app which has atmos. But I haven't heard any overhead effects.

Am I right that the in built apps cannot send atmos to my soundbar and I would need to hook up xbox one x to the soundbar to get the atmos effects?

I think you should be able to get atmos from the tv Netflix app. How have you connected the tv to the soundbar?

TV to bar through arc.

does your soundbar have a display to tell you the sound format being received? Mine does and it shows that I am getting atmos over hdmi arc from my tv internal Netflix app. It will be lossy atmos rather than lossless.
you may need to ensure you have a high speed, high bandwidth hdmi cable. These are fairly cheap from amazon...

Not tried Netflix Atmos how do I make sure it set up on Netflix and what could I play that has Atmos on NF. Thanks

It does tell me it playing Dolby audio when watching normal tv.

Not tried Netflix Atmos how do I make sure it set up on Netflix and what could I play that has Atmos on NF. Thanks

It does tell me it playing Dolby audio when watching normal tv.

assuming you have the Netflix premium plan then something like Our Planet streams with atmos....

iT Depends as to wether or not your tv process Dolby Atmos, mine doesn't as its a an early 2019 model, so I wire my xbos directly to my soundbar and play Netflix atmos tracks that way.

U have lossy "compressed" atmos this way. Check settings tv, it should say Dolby digital plus when you watch Netflix.

These virtual Atmos speakers or sound bars are a gimmick you won’t notice any sound bouncing off the ceiling. You have to have physical speakers to experience Atmos 😁

These virtual Atmos speakers or sound bars are a gimmick you won’t notice any sound bouncing off the ceiling. You have to have physical speakers to experience Atmos 😁
Don't agree. I have Samsung q90r and I would invite u to come over and watch ready player one with me if u were in Holland lol.

Don't agree. I have Samsung q90r and I would invite u to come over and watch ready player one with me if u were in Holland lol.

ive had Q90r and never noticed any overhead sounds I could pin point the sounds coming from the soundbar not from the ceiling. Q90r does sound awesome but Atmos or 5.1 makes no difference just more sound due to more speakers working.

ive had Q90r and never noticed any overhead sounds I could pin point the sounds coming from the soundbar not from the ceiling. Q90r does sound awesome but Atmos or 5.1 makes no difference just more sound due to more speakers working.

I'm not talking about Netflix.. If u connect your player directly to the bar and when you watch no id's like John wick or the race in ready player one than you can deff hear the sound all around you..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom