Netflix's 6 Underground Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
cas I just watched this and I think 4 is harsh ish

its entertaining in a brain not engaged sort of way but I can see why this is straight to Netflix material

looked and sounded good though in dolby vision and atmos

maybe a 6 for me

cas I just watched this and I think 4 is harsh ish

its entertaining in a brain not engaged sort of way but I can see why this is straight to Netflix material

looked and sounded good though in dolby vision and atmos

maybe a 6 for me

Yeah, you're right, admittedly I marked it quite scathingly because they spent

ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS

If they wanted to do 'straight-to-Netflix', they could have blown a quarter of that, and I might have given it a 5. Fairer? ;)

ROFL Cas you make a very fair point - I just posted on the angel has fallen thread that I enjoyed that more than 6 underground and probably at 20% of the budget

I just watched the first 26 minutes.

I don't know where to start. It's cliched on steroids with loads of slow mo "phhwwoooooar" moments. I can't believe Ryan Reynolds would sign up to junk like this.

The 'splosions and car chase were LOUD but unentertaining.

Will not be watching the rest. This is a "grown ups" film for 11 year olds.

ROFL Cas you make a very fair point - I just posted on the angel has fallen thread that I enjoyed that more than 6 underground and probably at 20% of the budget

according to Wikipedia the budget for angel has fallen was $40m - Ryan Reynolds cant have cost all the extra budget could he?

Thanks Cas... The kind of thing I'm looking when I go see Jumanji next week. I can leave it playing at references level to wind my neighbours up after hearing their Sainsburys soundbar banging our wall after a few scoops.
"sorry the dog must have laid on the remote just as went out" :devil: :D

Thanks Cas, was going to watch this tonight, sounds like you’ve saved 2 hours of my life

Yeah, you're right, admittedly I marked it quite scathingly because they spent

ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS

If they wanted to do 'straight-to-Netflix', they could have blown a quarter of that, and I might have given it a 5. Fairer? ;)
Yes, I had a major problem with the budget too Cas. It really was obscene considering the level of 'filmmaking' on show here -

No tension whatsoever.
Editing so mad I could barely keep track of what was going on.
Set piece after set piece strung together with no story to speak of.
A shockingly poor script (which frequently quotes other vastly superior films such as Goodfellas and Star Wars, and makes you wish you had spent the time watching either instead)
Ryan Reynolds being his most 'Ryan Reynolds' that goes to way beyond self parody. Does this guy every do anything else other than a spin on his Deadpool persona?
Cg blood sprayed here there and everywhere to the point I thought it must be trying to recreate some sort of graphic novel.
No remotely likable characters.
Product placement off the scale. I suppose Reynolds and co looked all very smart in Belstaff jackets and luxury Chopard watches.
Way too long considering the material. Could have been dome and dusted in 90 minutes. A real slog that required two sittings! I expected that from The Irishman, but this was such an assault on the senses I needed a break after the first hour.

A few minor good points -
The magnet scene was fun I guess
The nuns making rude gestures
Some inventive kill shots.
The THX reference was nice.
And that's it. Not sayining much for the pros is it folks?

Agree with Cas - 4/10

Watching this right now, holy hell it's BAD, can't believe this crap had $150m thrown at it. A complete mess of a film, 4 is a generous mark, I'd go for a 2

Watching this right now, holy hell it's BAD, can't believe this crap had $150m thrown at it. A complete mess of a film, 4 is a generous mark, I'd go for a 2
A serious contender for worst film of 2019. I can only assume that Michael Bay making a film for Netflix rather than one for the big studios means he was given total artistic license and left totally unchecked. If it was the case, I think I little guidance from the 'high ups' might not have gone amiss...

Just started and given up already. Dolby Vision and Atmos was good, and at least the effects looked quite real, but boy oh boy, what balls.

I was really looking forward to a Ryan Reynolds popcorn movie... but bury the dead, they stink up the joint.
Very disappointing:facepalm:

Just finished watching this on my new 55” Sony AG9! I have to say that it has one of the best car chase scenes I’ve seen! A very good film, quirky jammed with action and passable acting, Ryan Renolds as usual plays a character that doesn’t take himself too seriously. It’s a film I’d love to see a sequel to.
overall a very nice watchable action flick that you can tell a mile off is by Michael Bay... boom boom and boom he lives up to his reputation haha.

I think you lot need to Switch your brains off, this is not at the level of bad films in anyway IMO. Not the best, but not the worst, enjoyable and you don’t pay anything more to watch it...

Yeah I think 4 is a little harsh personally. Its your usual micheal bay music video popcorn movie. The cast was good. the action was great and the sound and picture stunning. Not a great story or script by any means but for a fun popcorn movie I thought it was probably more of a 6.

Whoever thought that starting this with more of an ending explosive chase scene and then just tagging more together whilst relying on Reynold's 'organic' trivia/funnies, needs a bollock punt.
I was thinking, even McG would see this and think too much, too thin.
Apparently they ran out of many at character and plot development's introduction.
By now, Netflix should know better. But, no. They're still the rich kid who wants what it sees, regardless, and thinks others will see acquisition and cost as taste too..

I hated this movie so much.. because now anyone knows that cars in Italy are full loaded by fireworks, even scooters.

Well my better half put it best after about five minutes in " Well I'm lost completely ! " and it managed to go downhill from there .

Just read a review of this film. Apparently the 2nd half of the film has a plot. Maybe not a great one, but a plot none the less. The first half of the film is basically YouTube fodder. Maybe that was deliberate?

Woeful, over the top and not in a good way, typical Bay nonsense that the Colonials will lap up.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom