Netflix's 6 Underground Review & Comments

This Colonial won't. 6 Underground just showed up this morning on my "We Just Added A Movie You Might Enjoy" email from Netflix.

Between Netflix, Amazon Prime, Turner Classics, and Brit Box I am hopelessly backed up on things to watch anyway, so it's one less thing in the queue.

Wow thanks for the review this sounds terrible.
Worth every Penny of the budget for your comment about not making it past half way!

Can't wait, friends and family coming over this evening for a Big Bay Energy double feature: first 13 Hours, a slow burn true story, then the over-the-top spectacle of the 'this may not be all true' 6 Underground!

I made it to about 7 minutes in and then decided I’d rather grate my eyeballs than watch any more.

4 out of 10 is about right (and I am a fast and furious fan!). However, the last 5 mins gave it just a hint of heart, just enough to think they could have got it right! Very disappointed. The concept was brilliant, execution not so much...

I have just been watching this for the last half hour and all I can say is what where they thinking !!
I was excited about the idea of Michael Bay and Ryan Reynolds doing a movie but this movie sucks hard and a total waste of a 150 million dollars.

As far as I am concerned 4 out of 10 is still gentle......a 0 from me !
Time to watch something Christmas‘y to calm me down :)

I actually quite enjoyed the film in parts. Maybe 6/10. Anyone watching a Bayhem film knows what to expect and this did not disappoint from that perspective.
First half hour is somewhat parody, despite the excellent car chase scene, but it does get better from there in my opinion.

I enjoyed it. A lot. It's so OTT in every single aspect I found it impossible to dislike it.

I actually enjoyed it, after reading the review here I went in with zero expectations so that probably helped! Was it too long, yes but for a Sat night “switch your brain off and just enjoy‘ it was okay. The opening 20 mins is insane. A 6 or 7 for me.

Holy moly quite a lot of hate for the film here. I watched lasted night and was just the right amount of over the top crazy action that's needed every so often :)

I don't get all the hate for this movie here. Some of the special effects were quality and was funny in parts. We all enjoyed this last night. The review compares it to the MI films. Personally enjoyed this more than MI2. 7/10 for me. Watchable enjoyable rubbish.

I have yet to watch this but surely it can't that bad?The trailer for it looked alright but saying that "Suicide Squid" trailer was fairly good too and looked what happened there....

I watched it before I read this interview. I actually enjoyed it. I was hung over from two Christmas parties. Perfect film to keep me awake; cars, guns, babes, boats, planes, helicopter, gadgets and so on.

And it was free, as in included with my Netflix subscription. Yeah, I don’t see what’s not to like.

It’s not like anyone had to spend £25 on the UHD or something.

Nope, perfect hangover and switch brain off movie.

Well I am a massive fan of Bay in varying degrees up until 4th and 5th Transformers, so was obviously going to like this except ...just a 6.5 / 10. All the set-pieces are very expertly crafted, but half of the main cast are just not engaging or likeable. It seems a bit like a team up of an A and D team in terms of the acting talent, and the chasm shows. Story is thread-bare which is not unusual for this type of film, and the concept of why the ‘6’ exist needed more work to make the audience buy into it.

Ultimately though, given the timing I couldn’t help thinking why he did this instead of Bad Boys 3.

I actually really enjoyed this. Its just a generic action movie but as long as you realise that's all it is, it's good fun. Some nice action sequences, nice gore scenes etc...

7/10 for the explosions and head pops 😁👍

For what it was, really enjoyed it :thumbsup:. Sound track was good, action too, and had me laughing like an idiot.

Another one here who enjoyed this film and none was more surprised than I !

More like this please Mr. Bay !!

This seems to be a marmite movie. I'm looking forward to giving it a go!

It was utterly stupid but switch your brain off and enjoy the car chases, explosions etc, you can see where the money was spent. That said, there was so much in your face product placement that I don't know how that didn't pay for the whole movie and it should have cost them $0!

Just watch the first 20 Minutes :thumbsup:

Spose at heart it is typical Bay where the heroes actually cause more damage ,innocent deaths and carnage than the villains they are going after , but at the least they do it with a smile and one liners ....

I liked it I would give it a 7 .yes its ott. reminded me of the hit man's bodyguard I liked that too

All the way through this film i was expecting a car to transform into a metal robot and Reynolds to appear in a black and red costume!

A 7/10 from me. Sit back and watch the typical silliness of a Bay film, that i must admit liked(but will not watch again)

I've got a spare 2 hours right now, off work tomorrow, so B&W headphones on,
Dolby Atmos for headphones engaged, and a small large Jack Daniels at the ready;)

I've got a spare 2 hours right now, off work tomorrow, so B&W headphones on,
Dolby Atmos for headphones engaged, and a small large Jack Daniels at the ready;)
Could you give me a link to,headphones that do Dolby Atmos please, I’d be very interested in them.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom