Netflix's DC Titans Season 2 Review

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
9? Blimey. I would give season 2 a 7.5 at best. It meanders a bit at times and the story gets annoying with the, at times, overly pushed separation of the gang that led to my exasperation at the way of the splitting.
And a certain veteran character is underutilized and another departs in what was one of the stupidest ways possible.
Although at least the story with our resident alien princess gets intriguing.
There's also some female nudity in one scene with full breasts (two sets - not the gang)) on display, which is an oddity of inclusion and still has me puzzled why? You'll see what I mean.

I only caught S1 on Netflix recently, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Very much looking forward to S2 - there are a lot of questions that need answering!

Thx Cas.

It's been a while since I watched Season 1 so I think I'll start it again and at least this time I will get to see Episode 12 and hopefully enjoy the payoff from it as it should have been aired from the beginning - so definitely thanks for mentioning that! :smashin:

Looking forward to this having just finished Season 2 of You and wondered what my next series was going to be. I think this will do nicely. :)

agree Cas as I really enjoyed season 2

all of my sources for Netflix are only in HD and 5.1 ( LG B7 app, 4k firestick and apple 4k tv) so how did you get 4k hdr and atmos cas?

agree Cas as I really enjoyed season 2

all of my sources for Netflix are only in HD and 5.1 ( LG B7 app, 4k firestick and apple 4k tv) so how did you get 4k hdr and atmos cas?

Ha, I didn't, put the tags in before the show went live. Colour me disappointed when I saw it wasn't 4KDV (which, on Netflix, I've kinda gotten used to - but, alas, it's not *really* Netflix is it). Forgot to remove the tags. They're gone now. Thanks for the heads up.

no probs - would have meant a re watch had the tags been correct

and I would have been struggling enough with sex education s2 next week and sabrina s 3 the week after - both must watches for me

by the way doom patrol in on starz on the prime app - I think you can free trial it and pennyworth (which I also liked and is getting an s2) on prime app

by the way doom patrol in on starz on the prime app - I think you can free trial it and pennyworth (which I also liked and is getting an s2) on prime app

Thanks, I noticed that. And I think you can subscribe to get Mr Mercedes too, but I just begrudge subs on subs. Also I ran out of hours in the day even before Apple TV+ landed, so I'll wait for Starz stuff to come to a sub I'm already paying for (surely Netflix will get Doom Patrol eventually??). Damn, your reminding me has tempted me. Maybe I'll see if I can wait until season 2 of both that and Pennyworth are live before trialing.

I thought you were slacking so tried to help you fill those vacant reviewing hours

Thanks Cas, never got around to watching the first season so need to try and fit that in now although have nearly finished v wars and finished Witcher last week so getting there! Still need to catch up on lost in space s2 mind 🤷‍♂️

Watched episode one or twelve of the new season as season one was a welcome surprise, did not dissapoint . Just watched the real start of second season and this will be another binge watch for myself as continues to be a great mix of charecters and bone crunching action that is great fun for someone like myself that does not know a fudge about DC comic lore .

It's all new to me .

Only downside is season two not in DV or Atmos as it crys out for both in style .

You got me @Casimir Harlow in the original review as I could not find that bloody 4K DV second series . It's happy New year mate not April 1st :D .

Last edited:
it was available in the states as 4k SDR I believe so not sure why 1080p on Netflix but at least they have it not long after it finished it run on the DC website

Yes I was surprised no 4K DV - you take this for granted for now on Netflix. I did notice a bit of pixellation on one scene in ep 5 - around 33min mark. This was on both the C9 app and ATV 4K, although I do prefer sound on ATV. As to series itself, I am enjoying it so far - interesting some of the characters from season 1 that weren’t too prominent have a bigger role in season 2, e.g. Donna Troi, hawk/dove, etc - but definitely going to finish this in the next few days - george

It’s in 4K HDR on the DC streaming service in the US but no Atmos - the same with all their shoes inc Swamp Thing and Doom Patrol. But it’s $7.99 a month and hoops need jumping through to set it up.

Finished S2 last night. Really looking forward to S3 now.
BTW for Bat geeks everywhere, fantastic nod to Adam West in ep7 in the nightclub.

I've just started re-watching season 1 in preparation for watching season 2. I'd forgotten how good this is and how violent. I'm up to episode 8 so only 3 more to go.

Its infinitely better than all the other dc rubbish Arrow/Flash/Supergirl/Legends , U certificate crap we have been subjected to for years, its actually got teeth, long may it continue!

Hi guys. I started watching this with the worry it was a teen thing. First 2 episodes showed me i was wrong, really good but it seems to be moving the teen way now in episode 3. Does it get better, don't want to invest if it becomes like supergirl or mutants etc. ?? Cheers

Hi guys. I started watching this with the worry it was a teen thing. First 2 episodes showed me i was wrong, really good but it seems to be moving the teen way now in episode 3. Does it get better, don't want to invest if it becomes like supergirl or mutants etc. ?? Cheers
No I would say it stays pretty hardcore throughout.

Im upto S2E10 and im struggling to find the motivation to continue. Without the added story lines of conner and queenie this would really would be utter tripe.
The central characters are just coming across as stroppy little teenage whiny prima donna's.

'oh no, you didnt tell me the whole truth, im going to flounce off in a huff.....' etc etc
Never mind that one of them was killed by
DeathStroke (who is excellent btw) Its all about their egos and hurt feelings.

Really annoying especially after the first series which was great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im upto S2E10 and im struggling to find the motivation to continue. Without the added story lines of conner and queenie this would really would be utter tripe.
The central characters are just coming across as stroppy little teenage whiny prima donna's.

'oh no, you didnt tell me the whole truth, im going to flounce off in a huff.....' etc etc
Never mind that one of them was killed by
DeathStroke (who is excellent btw) Its all about their egos and hurt feelings.

Really annoying especially after the first series which was great.
This is what is beginning to put me off in season 1, too much teeny stuff. Will watch season 1 right through though sometime

I thought Season 1 was excellent and had high hopes for Season 2 but week after week it just didn't seem to go anywhere, perhaps when binged watched it flows better but when weekly it was a struggle to finish and
killing off Donna like that when you have Conner right there just seemed like WTF and spoiled what little enjoyment I had for the show.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom