Netflix's Extraction Movie Review & Comments

6/10 for me. Not a bad movie, story a little lame and just one set piece to another - very predictable and generic. May as well watch Sky's Strike Back. I found the dialogue way too low too!

I love how everyone appears to have the exact same interpretation of the film (light on plot, heavy on action) and yet come out with scores anywhere from 6 to 8! Really does show how personal films can be.

I love how everyone appears to have the exact same interpretation of the film (light on plot, heavy on action) and yet come out with scores anywhere from 6 to 8! Really does show how personal films can be.
i find scoring a film pretty much redundant these days as you say it is very personal to the point of being meaningless.

i'd more likely give it a recommendation such as:
great ultra violent fun with some actual emotional moments ..defo worth a watch ..if you like that sort of thing...

Great lil film and due to colour filters usef and the nature of the film I would compare it more to Man on Fire than others mentioned in the review .solid 7 and will watch again .

Said the same thing to my wife when we were watching it, tonally it reminded me of Man on Fire. It’s a decent benchmark to illustrate the weirdness of ratings, currently languishing on 39% Rotten tomatoes but a sky high 89% viewer rating. Challenge would be to find another movie with such a huge disparity. I’m in the viewer camp,MoF is a minor masterpiece for me.

Said the same thing to my wife when we were watching it, tonally it reminded me of Man on Fire. It’s a decent benchmark to illustrate the weirdness of ratings, currently languishing on 39% Rotten tomatoes but a sky high 89% viewer rating. Challenge would be to find another movie with such a huge disparity. I’m in the viewer camp,MoF is a minor masterpiece for me.
rotten tomatoes has long lost any credibility it ever had with shill reviewers pumping up awful film's scores totally out of line with the film going public who thought they were terrible ( see 'The Last Jedi' 'Rise of Sky Walker' and Vice Versa 'Dave Chappelle's' latest release being one of the most extreme examples of getting a 'professional' critical panning with almost universal positive scores from the public.

The links between Disney and Fandango (who won Rotten Tomatoes) are well known and the site really is now just a joke

I don’t dispute that at all but I’m a bit old fashioned and like reading movie reviews, Cas on here is very good at presenting objective analysis and he’s a credit to this site.
I dont like the fact that more and more mainstream critics reviews on RT’s are now linked to paywalls, that’s beginning to tee me off.

I don’t dispute that at all but I’m a bit old fashioned and like reading movie reviews, Cas on here is very good at presenting objective analysis and he’s a credit to this site.
I dont like the fact that more and more mainstream critics reviews on RT’s are now linked to paywalls, that’s beginning to tee me off.
fair enough , but in the end its just a person's opinion and i have found myself disagreeing with quite a lot of the reviews/scores on this site including Cas and the others.

fair enough , but in the end its just a person's opinion and i have found myself disagreeing with quite a lot of the reviews/scores on this site including Cas and the others.
Absolutely and if a case is presented well enough it can sway me either way though doesn’t necessarily mean I’ll watch or not watch. There’s so much content around that sites like this with like minded people become invaluable. I was commenting on gangs of London yesterday and somebody mentioned a new drama called zero zero zero. I hadn’t heard of it but tracked it down and it’s very good indeed.
My goto review site is Roger Eberts and though he’s gone they have some good reviewers writing for the site. I always like the fact he “got” Cloud Atlas when many reviewers were rubbishing it because the theme was too complicated !

Was wondering whether to give this a go as I keep seeing it everywhere! Sound slike it could be fun. Thanks for the review.

Solid 7 for me. Odd mix of dialogue being very mumbled during action/helicopter scenes, but otherwise the Atmos was very good. Only niggle was my ATV not supporting pure 24 FPS for netflix!

EDIT: I enjoyed more than 6 Underground, and I normally love Michael Bay/Reynolds stuff

Quick question:

IMDB has it as 18! Thought it was a 15. If so, does it earn it’s certificate (I’ve read IMDB’s violence-ometer)?

Quick question:

IMDB has it as 18! Thought it was a 15. If so, does it earn it’s certificate (I’ve read IMDB’s violence-ometer)?
Yeeeessss? But only just about.
I imagine the certification comes from the depicted violence against children.
There's a couple of gruesome moments, but actually they're not shown full on. It mostly a lot of implied nastiness.

Yeeeessss? But only just about.
I imagine the certification comes from the depicted violence against children.
There's a couple of gruesome moments, but actually they're not shown full on. It mostly a lot of implied nastiness.

Ok thanks. I actually thought it was more of a 12A. Suppose I shouldn’t show it to anyone under 15 by the sounds of it!

I had low expectations so wasn't too disappointed by this and the actions scenes were well shot. But I never felt empathy for any of the characters
other than perhaps Randeep Hooda's character which I didn't expect

My wait for a good Netflix film (The Irishman might be an exception) continues.

I actually switched off before the end. It's a well trodden formula but I just found it full. Repetitive action sequences, endless hordes of faceless cannon fodder being hurled at our 'hero'. Somebody commented that it was similar to Man on Fire, but I don't think it is a patch on that movie.

Maybe I'm getting old but I just didn't enjoy it like I thought I would. And this is from somebody who enjoyed the Raid movies enormously.

Well I loved it. Started watching at 11:30 last night thinking I'd have to split it over two nights but it had me hooked so stayed up and watched the lot.

Fantastic action scenes, great locations, Hemsworth was spot on as a grizzled merc. 7.5/10, it loses a little for the main bad guy, he was a little cartoonish somehow.

Well I loved it. Started watching at 11:30 last night thinking I'd have to split it over two nights but it had me hooked so stayed up and watched the lot.

Fantastic action scenes, great locations, Hemsworth was spot on as a grizzled merc. 7.5/10, it loses a little for the main bad guy, he was a little cartoonish somehow.
It was nice to see a Hollywood action pic not set in one of the usual locations.

I had low expectations so wasn't too disappointed by this and the actions scenes were well shot. But I never felt empathy for any of the characters
other than perhaps Randeep Hooda's character which I didn't expect

My wait for a good Netflix film (The Irishman might be an exception) continues.

have you watched Spectral ? It’s flown a bit under the radar but found it great, it’s a bit like a supernatural movie with marines, hard to explain but definitely worth a watch

I enjoyed this, although it was a bit predictable and overly long. Some cracking fight scenes and gun play, and it looked great (even at <8mbps), 7/10.

Style over substance, but very well done style.

Chris very watchable since I've just started watching MCU and think he's great as Thor but talk about an un-original character. Randeep Hooda was a huge surprise however.

What really bugged me was how this small mercenary group had tech that the CIA would struggle to get in movie world. Add the so cliche plot and that the dialogue was so quiet, I had to use subtitle as it was 2am, it was a 6.5 for me

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom