Netflix's Extraction Movie Review & Comments

7/10? Business as usual for a Netflix flick then. That'll do nicely for me. Didn't expect a higher mark tbh, but I suppose I should be grateful it's not yet another Marky Mark effort being unleashed on us...

thanks for the review,sounds like something i will enjoy,added to my watch list.

Thanks for the review Tom and I'm a bit embarrassed to say, I didn't hear about this (especially as it's not like I've had a lot else to do these last few weeks!). Sounds like it's definitely worth a watch but wondering if I should wait till the Atmos streams are back up and running...anyone know when that will be?

Thanks for the review Tom and I'm a bit embarrassed to say, I didn't hear about this (especially as it's not like I've had a lot else to do these last few weeks!). Sounds like it's definitely worth a watch but wondering if I should wait till the Atmos streams are back up and running...anyone know when that will be?
My soundbar as been cheerfully informing me that it's getting Atmos from Netflix currently. Unless it's tricking me, the little devil.

Thanks for the Review. Will have to wait until it leaves the Netflix "Kingdom" & becomes available elsewhere, but sounds like a good watch

Netlfix are excreting these action flicks at quite a rate. Anyone would think they make them on a conveyer belt or something...

Talking of fast food, I'd watch this but i think it'll be the same experience as eating a McDonalds. You know you shouldnt, it's barely even satisfying at the time, contains no nutritional value whatsoever & invariably ends up a shit-fest...

Netflix haven't stopped providing Atmos, that was Disney.

Liked it, good flick, good romp & very good action.
An easy enjoyable 7/10

I also enjoyed that. The plot and dialogue was a bit dull, but the intense and well staged action scenes more than made up for it. It's not a masterpiece or anything but a very solid action movie.

Just a note on the review - while the movie starts in Mumbai where the boy is kidnapped, the majority of the action is set in Dhaka in Bangladesh (although it was actually filmed in Ahmedabad in India).

Hooda's back story seemed more organic /deep than Hemsworth's. Didn't fully buy into why Hemsworth is risking everything where as the other dude hell yeah.. he doesn't have much option. May be Netflix missed a trick and should have made a parallel Indian movie fully looking at what he got upto during the events of this movie
Very entertaining movie though, would love a sequel.

I also enjoyed that. The plot and dialogue was a bit dull, but the intense and well staged action scenes more than made up for it. It's not a masterpiece or anything but a very solid action movie.

Just a note on the review - while the movie starts in Mumbai where the boy is kidnapped, the majority of the action is set in Dhaka in Bangladesh (although it was actually filmed in Ahmedabad in India).
You're absolutely right, of course.

Corrected with thanks.

Really enjoyed this last night, dialogue was a little muffed at times (had amp dialled up to -10db!), but other than that a solid action movie

Surprised to see Chris offering his service to Netflix, in this action movie. Watched first half last night before before going to be.

Thanks for the review Tom, I spotted this yesterday but didn't pay much attention.
Added it to my list.

Serviceable. Which means disappointing given the creative talent involved. 7/10 is slightly too generous, but it’s a decent enough straight-to-Netflix action movie. The balance of action and set-pieces to plot/story/character-development is way out, but the action itself is immaculately executed. But the problem is the entire thing has nothing new or original to say, even given the unusual setting of India. So at times it starts to drag because there is not enough substance, and I don’t think it was that long a movie.

6.5/10 for me.

Sounds like perfect couch popcorn fodder to me. Normally I'd say a Saturday, but these days it's every night of the week!

Another for the list.

According to Hargraves, the ending is a compromise born of prescreen viewers and not really his preferred choice...
Not bad, not great but certainly good enough to pass some time by without too much regret - which is, of late, increasingly the benchmark to aim for.
The writing isn't up to snuff and hit lulls as the action gave way to the drama scenes during dialogue.
To keep using the same reasoning for why the good guys had turned bad felt a bit trite, as did the flashback shots to former days for Hemsworth's, Tyler.
Action-wise, it's very good and aside from the usual Whac-a-mole idiot bad guys to repeatedly knockdown, it fairs best here.
A no alarms, no surprises script but with an 18 rating that I'm not so sure it deserves?
But, yeah, I'd have to agree with you Tom, that end scene had me going, really? Perhaps
a double-take for the boy would've been better with smudgy Tyler disappearing on second check. - as they went there, obviously with a sequel in mind.
This must be enjoying higher viewer numbers with lockdowns and so with it, the chance to tempt a major action star back for more...

Last edited:
My soundbar as been cheerfully informing me that it's getting Atmos from Netflix currently. Unless it's tricking me, the little devil.

I'll need to check again as my ATV4K has not been showing Atmos on anything for a few weeks now...thanks for the replies and apologies for going off topic

Serviceable. Which means disappointing given the creative talent involved. 7/10 is slightly too generous, but it’s a decent enough straight-to-Netflix action movie. The balance of action and set-pieces to plot/story/character-development is way out, but the action itself is immaculately executed. But the problem is the entire thing has nothing new or original to say, even given the unusual setting of India. So at times it starts to drag because there is not enough substance, and I don’t think it was that long a movie.

6.5/10 for me.

7/10 is slightly too generous, so you give it 6.5 haha

Added to my every growing list with 6 underground and spense amongst the huge list

Very solid, easily 7/10 - but amid the current swamp of Marvel drivel, can be stretched to 8/10.

Atmos track on this was one of the best I've heard for objects. Alot of the action scenes felt like a video game when the camera pans, so does the audio. Pretty amazing

Just watched this. A solid action film.
Very well shot with great action scenes. Plot and dialogue was usual, nothing special, but the action made it.

7.5/10 for me.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom