Netflix's Messiah Season 1 Review & Comments

It is shame something could not be properly developed around the very underrated Revelations mini series, Michael Massee was a superb villian.

Thanks for not using Spoiler tags, I doubt I will watch this now that I know this!
Thanks for the alert and removing what was the spoiler.
@Phil1975 please can you remove or hide the spoiler?

Watched it over a few nights. Really enjoyed it and agree that it could’ve been stripped down by a couple of episodes. That being said, the average episode run time of 40 minutes or so didn’t make it feel like it was dragging too much.
8/10 from me and the missus and hoping for a S02.

Best thing I ever saw on Netflix was a series called "Spotless" and I have always hoped for a second season. Sorry off topic. :)

Two episodes in, not bad so far.

Started this over the weekend with the Mrs.

After the first and second episode I could have left it to be honest, I wasn't that keen on it. But for me it has picked up since then. We are onto I think episode 6 or 7 now, and I have no idea how it is going to end so I am intrigued how it is going to end up.
Hopefully it keeps getting better.

I’m with the positives on this and not sure why it garnered such a bad review and some negative comments. Sure it is not grounded in reality like Fauda or Homeland but it’s not intended to be, it’s mystical.

If God did send someone down I’m not sure why he would show up in Syria and be Semitic with long dark hair and a beard. He could easily be some dude from Sumatra, Sheffield or Santiago. But that’s TV.

Binge watching for me nevertheless.

Best thing I ever saw on Netflix was a series called "Spotless" and I have always hoped for a second season. Sorry off topic. :)
Damnation was my favourite, cancelled after one season, but it was soooo good. #stillgutted
I am really looking forward to this after the colossal witcher sized turd. I’m more interested after reading the comments than reading the review tbh. Something a little different I reckon.

Damnation was my favourite, cancelled after one season, but it was soooo good. #stillgutted
I am really looking forward to this after the colossal witcher sized turd. I’m more interested after reading the comments than reading the review tbh. Something a little different I reckon.

I and many love the Witcher series but then I am a Witcher gamer too. From word of mouth I don't know anyone who didn't love the Witcher. Triss should still be a Red Head.

I and many love the Witcher series but then I am a Witcher gamer too. From word of mouth I don't know anyone who didn't love the Witcher. Triss should still be a Red Head.
And yennifer somewhat decent looking.

She's attractive in a weird way, much like Jimmy nail. Lol

I’m with the positives on this and not sure why it garnered such a bad review and some negative comments. Sure it is not grounded in reality like Fauda or Homeland but it’s not intended to be, it’s mystical.

If God did send someone down I’m not sure why he would show up in Syria and be Semitic with long dark hair and a beard. He could easily be some dude from Sumatra, Sheffield or Santiago. But that’s TV.

Binge watching for me nevertheless.
Totally agree, I found it a really interesting watch - alright half way through the season there was a really flat episode that I found dull but the rest of it had me hooked. I like the ambiguity of it and the lack of a conclusive answer. Even with the ending there's 'doubt'.

I'd never heard of this and nor did Netflix email me about its new debut. But thanks to the comments and user reviews on here (which are usually bang-on) I'm going to give it a watch.

Totally agree, I found it a really interesting watch - alright half way through the season there was a really flat episode that I found dull but the rest of it had me hooked. I like the ambiguity of it and the lack of a conclusive answer. Even with the ending there's 'doubt'.
That must be where I am because I was coming on her to say watched eps 5 & 6 last night and it's dragging now. :)

Just finished, load of crap. Saw that ending coming miles away. 5/10.

I found it diverting and I’d certainly watch Season 2, on the grounds that there is so little of this sort of TV available. Solid 7.5 for me. His ambiguous double speak got a bit grating in the end. Michelle Monaghan was stretched more in The Path and overall that was a better religious show.

Just finished and quite riveting.
I honestly thought the guy was a hoaxer until the final moments.

The advisor to the President is an absolute dick. I particularly loved the scene where the prostitute gave him his money back. The Govt plane scenes at the end (caused by said) were gripping.

Definitely watch a Season 2.

Just a quick one - half of this series was subtitled for me. Was that the same for everyone else?

Just a quick one - half of this series was subtitled for me. Was that the same for everyone else?
The half that was spoken in the middle East was, yes.

This or Ares next... Hmmm. There's just too much to watch!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom