Netflix's Snowpiercer Season 1 TV Show Review & Comments

And last nights episode was just daft. 'you can't do it because you don't know the spec'. Really? Looked like plugging a cable into a socket to me.
I watch this but it's kinda crap.

Yes... I was thinking when I saw her practrically falling out of train trying to reach it - "have you not got some sort of long grabber tool like I use to pick things up out of my fish tank instead of trying to reach by hand?"

Got Netflix back for a month and going to watch this followed by the film, which I’m yet to see. Hope the show does not put me off, the film.

Im all for every episode dropping at once. Going to dedicate the whole of today to bingeing Dark S3 on it’s release day. Waiting for next weeks‘ episode reminds of the 70s and I’m glad these days I’ve got the choice to watch some shows at a pace that suits myself. Anyone who feels the need to watch episodes weekly can do, it is being given the choice that matters and is much improved these days.

Got Netflix back for a month and going to watch this followed by the film, which I’m yet to see. Hope the show does not put me off, the film.

The original movie from 2013 is not on Netflix - I wish it was - I haven't seen it either. Seems to be on Sky Store & Apple TV only (neither of which I have).

The original movie from 2013 is not on Netflix - I wish it was - I haven't seen it either. Seems to be on Sky Store & Apple TV only (neither of which I have).
I watched it tonight on blu. I’d seen it before but just forgotten. It’s OK but not memorable. Now for the Netflix series.

Still hoping for a question I had from episode one.
Why are they on a train in the 1st place.
The whole of humanity on a thing which is constantly in danger of some landslide or track fault which could end up with them all dying. Hole in the ground, sure, Some bunker, some castle/fort, sure.
Anything but on a train.
No one seems to have mentioned this aspect yet.

i think that it was briefly explained in the movie. But in the end it really doesn't matter, the point of a movie is something else than how to make forever running train in polar conditions. And to emphasize that point it had to be something with xx carts, floors, rooms...... Now, 24/7/365 running train sounds more interesting than a hundred floors bunker but that's about it when it comes to relevance of it.

It's just a niggle I had and still have.
I'll admit a few shows have that effect on me. I can take all manner of aliens, sci-fi, ghosts/demons and all sort of made up stuff, but when there seems to be one fundamentally stupid concept, I struggle to get over it.
Lost in Space was one of the worst in this regard I will admit.
But yes, planet freezing over, we need to save mankind and protect the only survivors for years in the safest way possible. Lets all get on a train, which runs of tracks and do thru mountains with avalances which are boung to knock us off the tracks sooner or later.
Yes, great plan.
Oh and the 1001 coaches, but eveyone seems to live in about 20 of them for the show ;)

I'll shut up............!

Not to mention how tracks were built in freezing conditions on the surface of the sea. (I've already mentioned this too).

Still hoping for a question I had from episode one.
Why are they on a train in the 1st place.
The whole of humanity on a thing which is constantly in danger of some landslide or track fault which could end up with them all dying. Hole in the ground, sure, Some bunker, some castle/fort, sure.
Anything but on a train.
No one seems to have mentioned this aspect yet.

Have you seen the original movie? All your questions are answered in that :)

The train and its "around the world" track were already built and running before the disaster freeze by a billionaire who liked building train sets as a child! He just liked trains and wanted a fancy one to go around the world in with a one-year per lap speed.

When freeze happened it just happened to be there already and he and a load of rich people decided to use it to escape.

And yes avalanches are still deadly dangerous - watch movie :smashin:

Not to mention how tracks were built in freezing conditions on the surface of the sea. (I've already mentioned this too).

It was all built as entertainment train ride (like orient express) for rich people way before the freeze....

Have you seen the original movie? All your questions are answered in that :)

The train and its "around the world" track were already built and running before the disaster freeze by a billionaire who liked building train sets as a child! He just liked trains and wanted a fancy one to go around the world in with a one-year per lap speed.

When freeze happened it just happened to be there already and he and a load of rich people decided to use it to escape.

And yes avalanches are still deadly dangerous - watch movie :smashin:

I know it's a movie now, but honestly I'd never hear of it before seeing the start of the Netflix series.

Thanks guys, that definitely should’ve been explained.

If I were to watch the movie, would it ruin the series?
I'm interested to find/watch it, but not if it's going to ruin things.

Basically only 2 grumbles.

1: Trying to save the human race by using a train on rails that could crash off the rails at any time = a dumb idea that no-one would ever consider for 1 second.

2: 1001 carriages, but we only seem to have about, ohhhh, 20 or so in the series so far which we keep seeing.
I know you can't set up 1001 carriages to film due to set/costs, but you could expand on it, like the 20 of them full or animals? 20 of them full of fruit trees? 20 of them full of veg crops, another 10 cinema's, 10 bar's etc etc etc..... And we'd still only be at about 100 or so.

1001 is a LOT and as I say in the series, they don't really put this across in any way. There are so few people also.... only 1 or 2 1st class posh carriages ?

Again, perhaps this is better put over in the movie?
But as I say, don't want to watch that if it ruins the series.

If I were to watch the movie, would it ruin the series?
I'm interested to find/watch it, but not if it's going to ruin things.

Basically only 2 grumbles.

1: Trying to save the human race by using a train on rails that could crash off the rails at any time = a dumb idea that no-one would ever consider for 1 second.

2: 1001 carriages, but we only seem to have about, ohhhh, 20 or so in the series so far which we keep seeing.
I know you can't set up 1001 carriages to film due to set/costs, but you could expand on it, like the 20 of them full or animals? 20 of them full of fruit trees? 20 of them full of veg crops, another 10 cinema's, 10 bar's etc etc etc..... And we'd still only be at about 100 or so.

1001 is a LOT and as I say in the series, they don't really put this across in any way. There are so few people also.... only 1 or 2 1st class posh carriages ?

Again, perhaps this is better put over in the movie?
But as I say, don't want to watch that if it ruins the series.

I don't think the movie ruins the series... it is different... certain things are explained... the series sort of took what movie did and expanded it out and changed some big things... the movie is 100% just about the 3rd class attempting to break out and try to get to the front of train in one step to meet Mr. whats-his-name (who actually is on this train). Also the train is much simpler and doesn't look as long i think in movie. There is a lot of Asian language too so subtitle need to be on to read what they say.

I explained reason for 1. above previously (train already built before freeze - not built as ark or anything like that)

Regarding 2. yes obviously they can't build hundreds of different carriages.. and it does appear like the main action and enemy characters always end up within a few feet of each other on this massive train which feels stupid

Yes absolutely watch the movie - it won't give anything away - its basically different story altogether (especially the ending).

I'm two episodes behind now and I don't think I'll bother, there's so many better shows to watch than this. Like bordertown for example, which is much more deserving of my time.

Finished it yesterday, very much enjoyed it For the most part & looking forward to S2...
Saw the teaser for it online & I totally called who Mr. Wilford is a few weeks ago :clap:

Anyone else recognise the voice of Mr.Wilford

put money on it being Sean Bean

I'm two episodes behind now and I don't think I'll bother, there's so many better shows to watch than this. Like bordertown for example, which is much more deserving of my time.

What sci-fi shows do you like out of interest? I just looked up bordertown and was hoping for something like dark :-(

What sci-fi shows do you like out of interest? I just looked up bordertown and was hoping for something like dark :-(
Bordertown is excellent, well written and superbly acted. Sci-fi, lost in space, umbrella academy (OK, not quite sci-fi), Picard, the mandalorian, star trek discovery, star wars but not the awful one and two, and ufo/alien type things!

I’ve only done three episodes but it’s not bad and I’ll see it through. Some good characters and JC is always worth a sideways glance or two.

Well finished now and I really enjoyed it. I certainly enjoyed it more than the film. Despite what others have said it was very much a social commentary with some very good characters from the two leads downwards. No new ground, surprises and it’s throwaway but no less entertaining for that. 7.5/10

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom