Netflix's Space Force Season 1 TV Show Review & Comments

Oh dear :(
I'd been looking forward to this one... I'll try an episode anyway later tonight.

I've just read Toms review. Ouch. But 6/10 isn't the worst score I've ever seen on here.

Ooooh. I was lookig forward to this. But will still check it out at some point.

who plays hanah howard on Space Force she is the assistant to Kelly King the Civillian contractor selling skinny jet fuel to the space force

who plays hanah howard on Space Force she is the assistant to Kelly King the Civillian contractor selling skinny jet fuel to the space force
Little mixed up here.
The contractor selling jet fuel is Edison Jaymes played by Kaitlin Olson.
Her assistant is played by Janina Gavankar who has has recurring roles in TV shows including Arrow, True Blood, The League and a major role in the latest Affleck movie The Way Back.

watched episode 1 and didnt have one smile let alone a full out loud laugh - not sure I can face another episode

Little mixed up here.
The contractor selling jet fuel is Edison Jaymes played by Kaitlin Olson.
Her assistant is played by Janina Gavankar who has has recurring roles in TV shows including Arrow, True Blood, The League and a major role in the latest Affleck movie The Way Back.
well if you search space force on IMDB they leave out these to actresses do you know why?

Looks like another project that starts with a political agenda and works backwards from there. Getting tedious now.

Looks like another project that starts with a political agenda and works backwards from there. Getting tedious now.
Did you read the review?
Because I basically said the opposite of what you just said.
Also what you're describing, when applied to comedy, is called satire and is the bedrock for some of the funniest comedies of the last 50 or more years.
Yes Minister, The New Statesman, The Thick of It, Veep, The Daily Show, South Park...
Comedy without an agenda is like eating a burger bun with no burger inside.

Last edited:
I watched the first episode last night and thought it was awful.
I didn't laugh once, not even a smile.

Such a waste of a good cast.

I found it really enjoyable, it certinaly passed the day quite quickly. The chimp scene in episode 2 had me in tears.

I can see how you would need to be in the right mood for a show like this though. Quirky comedy is often marmite but for me it was an 8/10.

I can see how someone might like marmite but this show ….

Piss to the poor.

Seems I'm in the minority as I quite enjoyed this.

Mark Kermode & Simon Mayo seemed to like it (Kermode & Mayos Home Entertainment Service).........just watched it & this was one they reviewed

Space Force's well made 30 minute long episodes does help when digesting the sketch comedy type themes seen in this show, perhaps all it needed was some canned laughter to return viewers in time to the 80's style comedy that Steve Carell prefers.
Carell gives the impression that he was working just a bit too hard making Space Force funny all by himself, but his style of comedy performance works best when he has a comedic foil and Malkovich does help in that department when he is given the chance.
Making space centre comedy can work as anyone who liked I Dream of Jeannie may remember, Space Force will need some time for viewers to get into the buried American humour and political commentary but as a sitcom it does show some promise, so I put this series down for a likely season 2 renewal.

I watched two episodes last night.
Not the best comedy series by a long shot, but it has a few good things going for them.
I'll probably watch a few more to see if it clicks with me at some point.

Gonna try it later, can't be any worse than that Hugh Laurie space thing, forced myself to finish the 1st episode.

I watched two episodes last night.
Not the best comedy series by a long shot, but it has a few good things going for them.
I'll probably watch a few more to see if it clicks with me at some point.
Certainly not an unmitigated disaster. I think it will be good (or at least better) once everyone settles in.

Kind of in opposition to Upload which blew all it's good ideas in the first few episodes and left itself nowhere interesting to go.

I am also never a fan of a season finale cliffhanger.

Along with Toms, Kermode and Mayo's review of Space Force -

In short, they loved it. I haven't seen it yet but from the comments on here and @Tom Davies review, opinions seem pretty split.

I watched the short clip Mayo and Kermode showed in the video link review above and it instantly hit my humour button and yes, I laughed. Even from only watching the clip, its a piss take of monumental proportions and needs to be taken that way. I love satires.

Last edited:
I managed about twenty minutes before switching off .Expected something a hell of a lot better. Started okay and then rapidly accelerated downhill.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom