Netflix's The Last Days of American Crime Movie Review & Comments

Well hell boy why didn't you score it what it deserves? A 0!

Well hell boy why didn't you score it what it deserves? A 0!
I mean, it's still recognisable as a film. Characters go from place to place doing things. I think for a 0 you've got to screw up even the fundamentals or be brazenly offensive with them.
Really pulled your punches there Tom, be honest, is this worth watching?
Only out of morbid curiousity, if that's something that you suffer from.

Having read the first paragraph, I actually checked that this was a real thing, and not a piss-take of something that I'm not in on, or missed a reference.

Reading on into the second, I'm a little bit disappointed.

Possibly the best review I've read this year... Totally made my day, thanks Tom! Having said that... There's a sadistic part of me that reeeaaaaly wants to watch this now!

Watching this now but just can't stop browsing AVF at the same time.
It's a very slow film indeed, border line boring. 1 hour in.
Lol

Got to hand it to you Tom...... that's going down as one the best if not the best film review i've ever read :) Kudos to you.

Won't bother. It's getting some terrible reviews elsewhere too. Life s too short to sit through well over 2 hours of rubbish.

Thank You. Your Rantview was fabulous entertainment, & obviously better than the source material you had to work with! A Silk Purse from a Sow's Ear! Bravo!

:clap::clap:

I have not watched this movie yet but did have it on my watch list, it wouldn't be the first time (or last) that I skip through a Netflix show or movie.
Movies shot in South Africa are typically washed out by over saturated light, so perhaps with a bit of artistic license The Last Days of American Crime movie could have been imagined into an alternative universe, a dying world, but then it may divert too much away from the graphic novel.
Hopefully Netflix will actually properly review their content investment in the future but I wouldn't hold my breath, consistency and quality control is still a mystic science for those who write the cheques at Netflix it seems.
It's not impossible, European shows and even series made in Mexico can show what can be done with smaller budgets.

Watched trailer last night, thought it looked good, but I was ****** . Thank's for the review will swiftly go and remove from my watch list.

What a review! Of course it's never a good sign that the review is more entertaining than the subject it's reviewing!

I think someone's had Netflix's pants down on this one.

I have not watched this movie yet but did have it on my watch list, it wouldn't be the first time (or last) that I skip through a Netflix show or movie.
Movies shot in South Africa are typically washed out by over saturated light, so perhaps with a bit of artistic license The Last Days of American Crime movie could have been imagined into an alternative universe, a dying world, but then it may divert too much away from the graphic novel.
Hopefully Netflix will actually properly review their content investment in the future but I wouldn't hold my breath, consistency and quality control is still a mystic science for those who write the cheques at Netflix it seems.
It's not impossible, European shows and even series made in Mexico can show what can be done with smaller budgets.

South Park totally ripped Netflix's content model and as is often the case there, is more than a little bit of truth to how their target is portrayed.

I mean, it's still recognisable as a film. Characters go from place to place doing things. I think for a 0 you've got to screw up even the fundamentals or be brazenly offensive with them.

Based on this- entirely reasonable- assessment, I would suggest that the 2/10 here is accurate but it means that Cats has been overscored.

I mentioned in another thread that Netflix is like sifting thru a car boot sale of crap. They need to get a grip of this. Yes they spend the equivalent of a small country's gdp on content each year but you'd be lucky if 10% of it is any good.
There's a lot of filmmakers (and showrunners) stealing a living from them at the moment.
If they've any sense they'd get someone decent to adapt this review into a comedy series as it was far, far more entertaining than anything I've seen on their platform in sometime.
Reading this was a great start to my Sunday morning :rotfl:
Thanks!

Like we say in Italy "without head and tail", the entire movie is a big nonsense... but what concers me more is, why insert the Copley's cop character ( and stretch even more the movie time) when it is absolutely useless?

The actress is the new Asia Argento?

Currently rocking 0% on RT

1591642185259.png

Last edited:
Hey that's what happens when the film industry stops.... I loved the review and for a moment thought hey that President Nimrod sounds cool this is a bit like the Purge... However not to be.... Another Netflix nightmare not even fit for straight to dvd... hence the subscription stops this month as it's summer and even in lockdown there are better things to do when I am at home.... Thanks for the review very enjoyable...

The wife and I watched 20 minutes of this on Saturday night, it was 19 minutes too many.

after not caring, I have suddenly become fascinated with watching this film.
"It can't possibly be as bad as it sounds" is my lifelong mantra but will probably come back and bite me in the arse on this one.

thanks for brightening my morning, and saving 2:30 hours of my evening. Great review.

Really disappointing 5/10

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom