Netflix's The Sinner Season 3 TV Show Review & Comments

Whilst I think they’re all very good, I feel that it gets a little weaker with each season. I’d personally score the three seasons 9,8,7 out of 10. However, I’ve still immensely enjoyed every season and look forward to seeing what they do with season 4.

Just finished Series 3 and I must say that it was a struggle, compared to Series 1 this just didn't cut it for me. I think maybe because the main character Jamie was so annoying and about as threatening and menacing as a soft cushion. No edge of the seat stuff whatsoever and the ending was really poor, it was almost like they'd run out of ideas. Bill Pullman is a great actor but after 3 series the troubled persona of his character Detective Harry Ambrose is wearing a bit thin now.

I thought S3 was truly awful. S1 was amazing, S2 was OK but this, jeez. The writing was terrible, the story felt like it was going nowhere and the relationship they were trying to build up between the two central characters was beyond unconvincing.

:(

Yep, agree with all of the points above.

This was a real drag towards the end!

Held my attention but S3 weakest of the 3. I detested the Nick character but likely a backhanded compliment to the actor. I cant stand people like that IRL. Had no sympathy for him as a victim.

Not sure if they planned to have the mid-point Jamie really being a murderer as a shock/twist. It sort of came and went and was a little bit meh. After that any sympathy for him went and I couldn't really fathom the sympathy Ambrose had for him once he was aware/adamant he was a killer.

I loved season 1 and really enjoyed season 2 but season 3 is not holding my attention at all.
We're up to episode 5 but I think I'm done with it and doubt we'll finish it now. Its a shame cos I've run out of shows to watch on Netflix now

It's time for Harry to retire. This was an OK season, 6.5/10 from me. He made some daft decisions and Paul walker was an OK baddie I suppose. It just wound me up at times as someone with such severe issues wouldn't have been let go at so many turns.

You've reminded me ozzzy that I forgot to post my thoughts on this.

I agree with the general sentiment that this was the weakest season. However I did like the overarching theme, and I think any exploration of mental illness that is well handled is always welcome. Even in drama. In particular here with a young male of the age where struggles are often found.

I thought Nick veered from innocent party to perpetrator and back again well. Also the link to Harry and his demons played out nicely, and of course gave us that dark ending to which there should really be repercussions. However as each season is self-contained, I don't expect anything will come of it in Season 4.

Some daft decision's and a few dodgy bits of writing did push the boundaries, and certainly the first two season's were tighter there. Bill Pullman is excellent though as Harry, and he helps take the series to a level that's a cut above a lot of the other series' on Netflix.

Roll on Season 4 anyway, although I expect we'll be waiting quite a while.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom