Netflix's Warrior Nun Season 1 TV Show Review & Comments

On Epp 7 now and it just feels so long winded. Find myself losing interest but the wife is enjoying it.

Yes, yes, yes. Watched first three episodes last night and can't wait to watch more. Enjoyable stuff, despite some pretty iffy effects. It's Buffy all over again. No bad thing.

EDIT: Am at episode 6 now and it does suffer some serious mid-season lag. Plot virtually ground to a halt with little forward momentum. So many series do this; kick off at a pleasing pace, then put the brakes on till the last couple of episodes. Have completely lost interest.

Last edited:
When I read Warrior Nun it sort of puts one off as it sounds a wee bit silly .

Well it certainly is not as watched season one in one sitting today and loved it . What's not to like ? Ancient sect, Vatican power plays, angels and demons , science and religion . At the center a great performance by Alba Baptista who really binds all this together . Roll on ( I hope ) season two .

DV and Atmos looking and sounding great , especially some great looking scenic scenes in EP 6. Would love to know where the town is that they arrive at in this episode as looks fantastic.

Ah , had a search and was filmed at the City of Ronda .
puente-nuevo-bridge-in-ronda-687535778-5c1ba44446e0fb00011047f5.jpg
3e.jpg

Last edited:
I think this has some potential. A few episodes dragged in the middle but with a bit of tightening there is a lot of material that can be developed. I would like to see a second season.

Well spotted. Yeah, rather you than me.

What is that ladder on side of cliff going down to? Two aircons units??? Crazy... I wouldn't want to be servicing those...
Those are the famous Ernest Hemmingway Memorial Air Con Units.
(this is a VERY specific joke for anyone who has visited Ronda)

Started last night after midnight stoped this morning around 5

Struggling with this one, kept seeing reviews of it being the next Buffy but it's hard to watch, very bland and slow barely a five out of ten. Mid way through the season and will finish it but it needs to step up a bit, Ava is flat out annoying

Struggling with this one, kept seeing reviews of it being the next Buffy but it's hard to watch, very bland and slow barely a five out of ten. Mid way through the season and will finish it but it needs to step up a bit, Ava is flat out annoying
It does step up but only a bit. Second season will make it or break it. After you finish it I recommend Hanna. She's not fighting demons but it's much better imo.

I think this is the main problem I have with this show - I don't like the lead and find her really grating. That and the flatness of the performances of the rest of the cast. There's a distinct lack of any of the charisma the cast of Buffy had. I just don't get the positive comparisons I keep reading.

Up to episode 8. I’ll probably see it through but don‘t think it’s very good tbh. It’s all a bit slow and dull with unappealing characters. Doubt I‘d bother with a season 2 if there ever was one.

Have watched the first three episodes, so far I'm liking it. A good mix of action and comedy.

Anyway finished it, not impressed and what was that ending all about? Sure end on a cliffhanger but it was so abrupt it was ridiculous, it was like there was one more episode left!

Last edited:
Finished this series last night. What an annoying ending.

Overall, it was OK. I liked the lead, the story was alright, the cgi was often terrible, but it was entertaining. 6/10.

Just watched episode 6, seemed like a filler to me.

Started well then but then the pacing was so slow in the middle and needed more action. Episodes 9 and 10 saved it to be honest. Hopefully this sets the scene for a faster paced second season. Solid 7 from me.

Sorry but this show is trash. Made it to ep 4, couldn't take any more of the crappy script and acting. Also, it was super boring, which for a show called Warrior Nun is pretty unforgivable.

A shockingly poor Tv series, a score of 8 is extremely generous.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom