New Anthem Receivers MRX 540 / 740 / 1140

DodgeTheViper

Reaction score
News is starting to materialise about Anthems new Receivers, MRX 540 / 740 / 1140

The specs are starting to come through while the updated fascia has been touted for a little while now. I have to say that they do look rather nice. Let’s see what they have to offer.

Our friends over the pond are reporting that there will be two processors not just one AVM70. We shall see.

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I hope the MRX-540 having five amps on board means they will still offer Pro Logic 2 (like the MRX-520), since Dolby ditched the center spread for Dolby Surround there's barely any options left for the few of us who want to upmix music without L/R collapsing into the center. Anthem Logic doesn't do it for me.

They are going to be very good and well specified with a completely new look.

I like the new design from the leaked images seen so far, it takes some cues from some of their other products like the integrated stereo amp. Will be interesting to see how much real-world performance will outdo the current models.

Interesting, are these legit?
29DEA8D9-F2E3-4CC7-B77C-F7AE19E5B17A.jpeg
AF087367-54BD-4F6B-BFE5-E1D116CD1179.jpeg

Good catch! 🤔

How very Lyngdorf in appearance!

How very Lyngdorf in appearance!
I was just thinking how one of these would sit nicely on the shelf under my TDAI2170! I’m sure the price tag will put me off though!

Whoa no more fugly anthems yay! But if these snippets are right, you gotta go to the 1140 for more than one sub channel and even then it’s only 2.....not very bleeding edge, say it ain’t so?? Although they all say .2 hmmmm

Just read there is a bug with hdmi 2.1 receivers 4k/120 htz not sure if its with all receivers but it currently effects the marantz and denons...so it might actually be good that the anthems software for hdmi 2.1 is not implemented yet. Sound United currently working in a fix

@DodgeTheViper you keeping your options open mate, they are nice i must admit

Just read there is a bug with hdmi 2.1 receivers 4k/120 htz not sure if its with all receivers but it currently effects the marantz and denons...so it might actually be good that the anthems software for hdmi 2.1 is not implemented yet. Sound United currently working in a fix

@DodgeTheViper you keeping your options open mate, they are nice i must admit

Yeah pretty much ;)

Last edited:
Must admit I’m not that enamoured with the new look, sort of reminds of the type of thing Audiolab might push out if they had a flourish. But they are all just big black boxes anyway and never going to win any worthwhile design awards.

Must admit I’m not that enamoured with the new look, sort of reminds of the type of thing Audiolab might push out if they had a flourish. But they are all just big black boxes anyway and never going to win any worthwhile design awards.

Personally, I wouldn’t want to see extravagant styling (eg Chord) that just pushes up the cost but serves no purpose to performance.
Having said that, I’m a total sucker for VU meters & they look great on the display of the Nad778:)

Last edited:
Personally think it looks an awful lot like the jbl’s, just a little less pretty but a step forward for sure in my eyes

I prefer the current generation aesthetics but anything is better to me than the looks of the older MRX700. Ultimately I don't care how they look if they're solid units. I hope the multiple speaker profiles have carried onto the new generation. Adding more than four would be welcome too.

Yeah agreed whilst they do look nice and certainly better than previous gen, I tend to look at my TV/PJ :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom