New Arcam AVR's

I have tried to connect the triggers of the amplifiers to a Y cable and it is connected to trigger 1 and it turns both on perfectly this is my first contribution hahaha

Plenty to do with subs. Perhaps you should try reading all of a post before trying to police the forum mate......
I really don't know what your problem is or why you always come across like some "angry spoilt little brat"
Why don't you try reading the original question to which i was replying instead of jumping in half way through, you'll notice there was no reference to Sub's.

Yes there was in a later post, but that had already been answered!

Really no need to accuse me of trying to "Police" the forum

Hello
After a bit of suffering I have managed to understand the arcam, I have a question, I don't know why trigger 2 doesn't work and I don't know if it can be activated from the av itself or it may have been broken.
could someone tell me this ??
thank you

I really don't know what your problem is or why you always come across like some "angry spoilt little brat"
Why don't you try reading the original question to which i was replying instead of jumping in half way through, you'll notice there was no reference to Sub's.

Yes there was in a later post, but that had already been answered!

Really no need to accuse me of trying to "Police" the forum

Grow up mate.

I'm off to Tesco to get some popcorn...🤣🤣

Hello,

Do the new Arcam's allow for 5.1.4 without external amplification?

Any quirks I should be aware of? I'm thinking about moving up to the AVR30 from the 850 and wanted to get some opinions on if the move is worthwhile.

Thanks

Hello,

Any quirks I should be aware of? I'm thinking about moving up to the AVR30 from the 850 and wanted to get some opinions on if the move is worthwhile.

Thanks
No. Only 7 channels of internal amplification, so you would need atleast a 2 channel amp for one pair of heights.
Other options to consider -
1. AV40 + external amplification. Cleaner preout signals, especially at higher levels, and reuse the amps for your next processor upgrade.
2. JBL Synthesis - includes cost of Dirac Bass Control module and potentially any other future Dirac add on modules included in the unit price. Better looks

i have had both arcam 40 and jbl
love the sound of arcam and better look for me
but I was angry after 5 months of waiting for the amplifier (arcam av40) , it had a defect so I asked for a cancellation, the seller offered me the JBL at the same price to compensate

Hello,

Thanks

You might want to take a look at the NAD T778. Neither the NAD or Arcams are 100% stable although Arcam are improving fairly quickly.

i have had both arcam 40 and jbl
love the sound of arcam and better look for me
but I was angry after 5 months of waiting for the amplifier (arcam av40) , it had a defect so I asked for a cancellation, the seller offered me the JBL at the same price to compensate

What was the defect?

Like ground loop hum?

I had to switch from XLR to RCA as the AV40 hiss is too loud with XLR - didn't measure, but it felt like way more than the 6dB difference between XLR and RCA.

Same experience for me although I cant hear the hiss from listening positions with XLR. In my case it is high pitch hiss from tweeter only, nothing like ground loop hum.

rather a kind of vibration including midrange to bass and a tweeter blowing at the listening point, whether RCA or XLR, some of the blowing came from my Nuprime amplifiers

I have no problems at the moment, and that I have spent the whole day investigating the av and dirac.
I have populated with several movies in dts and passing dirac calibration and both things have not given me any problem
I will continue to inform

I have no problems at the moment, and that I have spent the whole day investigating the av and dirac.
I have populated with several movies in dts and passing dirac calibration and both things have not given me any problem
I will continue to inform

Why dont you wait till the new software and dirac software are released, you'll only have to do it all again.

Why dont you wait till the new software and dirac software are released, you'll only have to do it all again.
It is taking a bit longer than expected this time round. Really hoping it gets released tomorrow.

It is taking a bit longer than expected this time round. Really hoping it gets released tomorrow.

No point messing around with the old software with big changes due..

Flavio indicated that the Dirac version was “ready” and available to those who ask, but would only be officially realized next week due to “summer holidays”
I interpreted that to mean, “we want to coordinate our release with Arcam, to avoid having people having to calibrate twice in a week (and reporting of bugs from incompatible Arcam/Dirac versions) and since Arcam is delayed a week, we are holding off on our official release”

Upshot - It is possible Arcam will not release their firmware till next week.

Flavio indicated that the Dirac version was “ready” and available to those who ask, but would only be officially realized next week due to “summer holidays”
I interpreted that to mean, “we want to coordinate our release with Arcam, to avoid having people having to calibrate twice in a week (and reporting of bugs from incompatible Arcam/Dirac versions) and since Arcam is delayed a week, we are holding off on our official release”

You might be right :) Favio did send me the software when I asked in the helpdesk.

Last edited:
You might be right :) Favio did send me the firmware when I asked in the helpdesk.

I Have the Dirac Live 3.04 already. Problem is that new FW is needed to run Bass Control upmix or FO with new processing feature of the 3.04 so that is why software is waiting for the Firmware. However if you want to do fresh measurement over the weekend you could do it now and just wait for FW to process Upmix or FO and upload to the unit.
Beta FW in testing since yesterday. If accepted by the testing team it will be released monday morning along with the Dirac 3.04
My source is Arcam

Download 3,04
Reload my projet and send to the JBL
Seem fine
Less poc
Bass a little much punchy
IAM in 7.2.4 and use DBM
Wait for the new FW to restart from 0

I Have the Dirac Live 3.04 already. Problem is that new FW is needed to run Bass Control upmix or FO with new processing feature of the 3.04 so that is why software is waiting for the Firmware. However if you want to do fresh measurement over the weekend you could do it now and just wait for FW to process Upmix or FO and upload to the unit.
Beta FW in testing since yesterday. If accepted by the testing team it will be released monday morning along with the Dirac 3.04
My source is Arcam
Monoprice released their first Dirac BC beta yesterday and are being advised to use 3.0.4 too. It seems like something has been tweaked in the Dirac DSP code to work with 3.0.4.

yes he is right but this is how I am learning

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom