Quantcast

New Arcam AVR's

mitch1922

Not yet. but i got a response to my previous emails

1, I have a problem with spotify. It intermittently cuts out...my left and right speakers cut out but my subs are still playing and then the av40 freezers up and I have to power cycle it.

Arcam response...I think this is covered under bug 0021258. Hard powering on whilst the NET input is selected and then performing functions soon afterwards can cause the unit to freeze. In the mean time between now and the bug being addressed please try powering on on an input other than NET and leaving the unit a minute or so before playing.

2, I’ll be streaming Spotify over airplay or Chromecast and it will just stop maybe after 10-15mins. Then I have to press another input then go back to Spotify and it’s ok again,

Arcam response.....I have seen something similar related to the auto standby on the unit. Please could you confirm that you are running v0.95 (HOST). Once you have confirmed the software version turn off auto standby (press and hold the MENU button on the front panel for >5 secs until the service menu appears and change the STANDBY MODE option from AUTO to MANUAL.Retest and see if the behaviour goes away. If so then it is likely to be covered under bug 0021130. Once that bug is fixed we should re-test.

fatboy frank

No response to my email....anyone else get a response?🤔
The last time i was in contact with them it took nearly 3 weeks for me to get a reply, however, that was over the Christmas Holiday period.

goatlips

Not yet. but i got a response to my previous emails

1, I have a problem with spotify. It intermittently cuts out...my left and right speakers cut out but my subs are still playing and then the av40 freezers up and I have to power cycle it.

Arcam response...I think this is covered under bug 0021258. Hard powering on whilst the NET input is selected and then performing functions soon afterwards can cause the unit to freeze. In the mean time between now and the bug being addressed please try powering on on an input other than NET and leaving the unit a minute or so before playing.

2, I’ll be streaming Spotify over airplay or Chromecast and it will just stop maybe after 10-15mins. Then I have to press another input then go back to Spotify and it’s ok again,

Arcam response.....I have seen something similar related to the auto standby on the unit. Please could you confirm that you are running v0.95 (HOST). Once you have confirmed the software version turn off auto standby (press and hold the MENU button on the front panel for >5 secs until the service menu appears and change the STANDBY MODE option from AUTO to MANUAL.Retest and see if the behaviour goes away. If so then it is likely to be covered under bug 0021130. Once that bug is fixed we should re-test.
That's the main problem I have with mine. Hope it gets sorted soon, drives me nuts.

On my AV40 the sound is about a second behind the video and the 0-250 adjustment on the Arcam does not clear it. Just wondered whether others are seeing the same thing.
Turns out this had happened to all video sources. Eventually the only way I could fix it was to run a factory reset on the AV40 and set it up again. Will report to Arcam as this looks like a bug.

Krobar

The last time i was in contact with them it took nearly 3 weeks for me to get a reply, however, that was over the Christmas Holiday period.
Yeah, I reported a few things before Christmas. Got a reply about 2 weeks later saying they would attempt to replicate then last week they responded with successful replication and forwarding to dev team of one bug, need more info for another and will try to replicate in the next few weeks for the other. They are slow to respond but at least they are actually replicating and raising bugs properly; much better than support staff for some companies who cannot even escalate.

mitch1922

That's the main problem I have with mine. Hope it gets sorted soon, drives me nuts.
I followed what arcam advised and I’ve had no issue over the weekend with Spotify 👍

goatlips

I followed what arcam advised and I’ve had no issue over the weekend with Spotify 👍
I don't quite understand that reply... Mines been playing up all day with spotify and the usual dramas with Netflix this evening.

FYI, I asked Logitech support to add the AVR10, AVR20, AVR30 and AV40 to the database for their Harmony remote ("hub") and gave them Arcam's documentation. They have just advised that this has now been done. Haven't had time to test it yet.

goatlips

Question, why don't they put the input "display" on the remote? I have to get up to switch it?🤔

fatboy frank

Question, why don't they put the input "display" on the remote? I have to get up to switch it?🤔
Here is Arcam's response to that very question when i asked them that and several other questions
and to be fair, my AV860 does automatically switch to display & back again ...so check your settings.

• Is there a way to select the Display Input from the remote control?
A. The DISPLAY input can technically be accessed using the remote on both the AV860 and the AV40 by going to MENU > INPUT CONFIG > INPUT > DISPLAY. There is no direct single button or combination that you can press to hop straight there though.

The DISPLAY input in theory shouldn't need manual selection. The TV should send a CEC command to tell the processor to change to the ARC input (in this case DISPLAY) when a source of ARC suitable audio is selected. So for instance when you open the Netflix app or tune to a channel using the internal tuner.the TV should send a signal to the processor to flip to the DISPLAY input.

When you move away from the ARC audio source on the TV (for instance by closing the app) the TV sends another command which causes the processor to revert to the input it was on before ARC was invoked.

If you desperately want to change directly to the DISPLAY input then there are discrete IP, RS232 and IR commands that the unit will respond to in order to accomplish that but the remote can't emit the command. You would either need to use a third party programmable device or you could use the free iOS or Android control app if your unit is networked.

FYI, I asked Logitech support to add the AVR10, AVR20, AVR30 and AV40 to the database for their Harmony remote ("hub") and gave them Arcam's documentation. They have just advised that this has now been done. Haven't had time to test it yet.
Did a quick test and it failed to power on the unit. If others have time to test, I can provide feedback under the support case Logitech have open.

Bachemar

Standard Member
The DISPLAY input in theory shouldn't need manual selection.

If you desperately want to change directly to the DISPLAY input then there are discrete IP, RS232 and IR commands that the unit will respond to in order to accomplish that but the remote can't emit the command.
That’s making the assumption that “everyone” will use CEC commands as envisioned, which is quite a stretch. In Reality CEC is riddled with compatibility issues amongst brands, and has many unwanted behaviors and side effects (inputs on the receiver changing when the TV is switched on etc).

I always turn CEC off, and manually switch to TV Audio input when needed. It’s going to be a huge PItA to follow the steps above all the time.