New Arcam AVR's

So Arcam posted on their facebook page today about some review of the AV30 and of course some people responded that they arent working. I was then posting and noticed they have removed at least 3-5 critical comments from the post. Mine will be removed soon I suppose, but I posted this:

I noticed some of the earlier critical comments by other people have been removed... My AV40 sounds good - when it works. I wish Arcam would assign the needed attention to finishing the software in a timely manner. It's been way to long now and bugs are still present. My AV40 for example freezes when I switch from a Dolby soundtrack to a DTS one. Also still randomly very loud pops when starting a new movie. Very often I need to reboot it to get it working. Instead of removing comments maybe just explain what difficulties you are having and maybe we can understand better why it has taking many many months to get the product to even function decently. I think you still have a chance to save your reputation and good will from your otherwise loyal customer base, but you need some sort of announcement about whats been going on with these new AVRs before everyone looses complete faith in your ability to produce a stable product. It's incredibly hard and expensive to gain loyal customers and right now it seems to me you are throwing that out the window with a completely unfinished product which is a shame. I wish you the best in completing a new firmware that finally makes these new AVRs the very good products that you market them as.

As I mention in the end I truely hope they will make these products great, but history shows us otherwise, and it's a real shame:(

PS: Just "show all comments" in facebook you can basicly calculate how many they are deleting.

That was me!!

Now I've lost my shit with them!🤬

Last night I was testing the arcam for a long time, especially with atmos that, although in Spain there is hardly any content, I put it in English and after having done a hard reset last week due to a problem, now I took the atmos with no problem, he only made a feint With a movie and it was to give pause and again to play and I hope it continues without giving any problem and in the next update they finish leaving it well because at the moment I am happy even if I have some problems but in my case they are not catastrophic. I take this opportunity and tell you that the other day I wanted to make some specific adjustments to change the name of one of the sources from the av and it was blocked and it would not let me adjust it from the pc it was when I did the hard reset and now it is surprisingly good

@piluja glad that things seem to be a bit better for you now.

Regarding renaming the sources, which source was it you were trying to change? I don't know if it's the same on the HDA Series, but on the FMJ Series a couple of the sources are locked as they are pre configured for Arcam sources, if i remember correctly the DVD/CD, however, you can unlock them with a key combination on the remote ....... have a read of the manual under the remote control section possibly ?

Page ES-21 in the manual :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@piluja glad that things seem to be a bit better for you now.

Regarding renaming the sources, which source was it you were trying to change? I don't know if it's the same on the HDA Series, but on the FMJ Series a couple of the sources are locked as they are pre configured for Arcam sources, if i remember correctly the DVD/CD, however, you can unlock them with a key combination on the remote ....... have a read of the manual under the remote control section possibly ?
I think it was UHD after I tried another from the PC I don't remember which one it was and that's when I realized it was blocked

I think it was UHD after I tried another from the PC I don't remember which one it was and that's when I realized it was blocked
I've just edited my original post, but have a look at page ES-21

You can rename that, I have with mine👍

Hi all I’ve not been on hear for nearly 5years, glad to see it’s still well used. I have an issue that I’m trying to resolve. I’m calibrating my Arcam av 860 with dirac and it comes up with this :
can anyone help resolve this?
kind regards
manoj

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 57
Hi all I’ve not been on hear for nearly 5years, glad to see it’s still well used. I have an issue that I’m trying to resolve. I’m calibrating my Arcam av 860 with dirac and it comes up with this :
can anyone help resolve this?
kind regards
manoj
You're in the wrong thread. ;)

Also, you appear to be using the original Dirac. Download the latest here:

Thank you for that 🤪durr. That’s bazaar I only upload and downloaded the latest version yesterday🤔

According to FB Rumour has it, its firmware Friday, 1.42🤔

Thank you , just downloaded latest version . I hope it’s as simple as the original version.
Biggest difference is you must create an account & log in, or you can't reload saved files.

So this afternoon I decided to test a bit more...front left and right arent active during playback all of the sudden, anyone have that bug before?

So this afternoon I decided to test a bit more...front left and right arent active during playback all of the sudden, anyone have that bug before?

Yeah it's all the same bug I think..😥

So Arcam posted on their facebook page today about some review of the AV30 and of course some people responded that they arent working. I was then posting and noticed they have removed at least 3-5 critical comments from the post. Mine will be removed soon I suppose, but I posted this:

I noticed some of the earlier critical comments by other people have been removed... My AV40 sounds good - when it works. I wish Arcam would assign the needed attention to finishing the software in a timely manner. It's been way to long now and bugs are still present. My AV40 for example freezes when I switch from a Dolby soundtrack to a DTS one. Also still randomly very loud pops when starting a new movie. Very often I need to reboot it to get it working. Instead of removing comments maybe just explain what difficulties you are having and maybe we can understand better why it has taking many many months to get the product to even function decently. I think you still have a chance to save your reputation and good will from your otherwise loyal customer base, but you need some sort of announcement about whats been going on with these new AVRs before everyone looses complete faith in your ability to produce a stable product. It's incredibly hard and expensive to gain loyal customers and right now it seems to me you are throwing that out the window with a completely unfinished product which is a shame. I wish you the best in completing a new firmware that finally makes these new AVRs the very good products that you market them as.

As I mention in the end I truely hope they will make these products great, but history shows us otherwise, and it's a real shame:(

PS: Just "show all comments" in facebook you can basicly calculate how many they are deleting.

I see the comments there now.

Host Version 1v42/09
LCD/IAP 0.79/0.04
DSP1 02.03 / 02.11
DSP2 00.01 / 00.23
DTS/IMAX 3.90.50.1/390.508.2.0
OSD 0.03
DAB 303 / 561
NET 0.100.794
BT 0.7 (or higher, depending on build)

Very nice!!!

Fix list:
IMS20940: Downmix phono has no output for some input formats.
IMS20969: Bitrate and dialnorm not reported for DD streams.
IMS21033: Bass/treble controls (stereo) have no effect.
IMS21591: Audio artefacts from Zone 2 output (use 6&7 for zone 2) when PCM 2 channel Fs changes.
IMS21809: Sub/centre drop when changing modes with DTS HD-MA & Atmos on media players.
IMS21844: No sub out after changing speakers – requires power cycle for new speaker config to take effect.
IMS21924: Zone 2 no audio (use 6&7 for zone 2) if directly selecting an input (not follow zone 1).
IMS22070: PCM files with different channel counts may not show correct channel count on track change.
IMS22088: Change inputs while streaming on NET input, changes
IMS22223: DTS HD-MA 6.1 only plays from left channel.
IMS22224: Legacy DTS (768kps streams) have audio artefacts.
IMS22302: Web GUI – front speakers forced to large with front subs unless surround left/right enabled.
IMS22315: DD+ 5.1 with Auro-3D & DLBC has audio artefacts.
IMS22317: Adjusting max on/off volume sliders in web gui while in NET standby disables IP control.
IMS22322: 96kHz Dolby TrueHD distorted output.
IMS22332: Test tone steering in Dirac level setting screen could be laggy.
IMS22333: DTS CD > CD > DTS CD exchange would not play DTS audio.
IMS22355: Dirac filter names with European characters not correctly displayed on web gui.
IMS22356: Internet radio decoding error (e.g. Absolute Radio).
IMS22359: Atmos can take 30 seconds to restore audio when switching Dirac filters.
IMS22361: Skipping tracks / channels can cause audio dropouts.
IMS22370: Podcasts >2.5hrs suffer audio dropouts.
IMS22403: DTS HD-MA2.0 <> Atmos exchanges could cause audio loss.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom