That looks like a picture of a new receiver too on their instagram

Attachments

• F9581D60-9C40-4811-ACA0-1C773B98662C.png
    F9581D60-9C40-4811-ACA0-1C773B98662C.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,219
Arcam-PA720-770x384@2x.jpg
Arcam-2019-600x347@2x.jpg
Arcam-AVR30-770x310@2x.jpg

I see they list an ESS 9026PRO dac for the processor but just say high quality dacs for the AVRs!!!

That is interesting, these are the same as the ones used for the 7 main channels of the A3070, I think it is part of the reason I love the sound of it so much. What DACd do the current AVRs and processors use?

That is interesting, these are the same as the ones used for the 7 main channels of the A3070, I think it is part of the reason I love the sound of it so much. What DACd do the current AVRs and processors use?
  • Cirrus CS42528 audiophile DAC

Looks like the AVR30 is still a 7 channel model with processing for 16, but only hdmi 2.0b. The new models don’t seem to add much based on the initial details, but guess we can wait and see!

• Cirrus CS42528 audiophile DAC

Could bode well for me then... If the DACs have a lot of bearing on the actual sound? But then there is everything else I prefer in the Yamaha. Exciting!

If they are HDMI 2.0, it is a generation to skip!

I certainly wont be buying one, still no fix for the bugs introduced in the latest firmware but they are more than happy to launch a new line.

I can see where resources have been going now.

I feel we have now been officially dumped due to this announcement, all we can hope for now is that when the new bass management module gets released from Dirac this triggers a new firmware to be released by Arcam supporting the new module & fixing all the bugs in the process.

Something tells me the module will not require a firmware upgrade but this is the only reason I can see why its been over six months since the bugs were reported/acknowledged & bugger all has been done to resolve them.

Wishful thinking but one can hope.

Only a £5000 AVR:facepalm:

It's nice to see a few more details, and I like the redesign of the front fascia. I don't think I am tempted to upgrade from my AVR550, £3000 is a lot. I wonder if they have overhauled the GUI, has it got HDMI 2.1, does the new DAC sound any different ?

I think it may mean that the current AVR's are probably not going to be supporting the new Dirac bass module, as I guess these new ones almost certainly will.

Mods can we move the new stuff to a new thread, am very interested by it but don’t want it to get lost / mixed up...

I wonder what new technologies these will bring. Current series do everything regarding Audio and Video. A new generation makes sense when there is a jump in Audio (e.g. Atmos) or Video (e.g. 4K, HDR)

Part of the announcement confirmed that the AVR390 is going to continue for the time being at a lower price point, so surely that means the firmware will continue to be supported, and if it’s supported for that then it should also be for the other models from the current range.

If you look at the release videos from Cedia/web pages for the Arcam clones (JBL and AudioControl), you will see what features it will have.. except for some additional that are specific for these brands.

Surround Processor Preamplifiers

Boy, do they look ugly, definitely need to be used in a skip as they would be an unmitigated disaster in a cabinet/stand. (I can see people coming into a home theatre room and then walking straight out after seeing these in the rack)

Bill

Just comparing a few stats...
The JBL SDR35 is identical wxhxd measurements as the current AVR850, yet the 850 weighs 16.7kg and the JBL weighs 10.6kg....
The JBL is the same as the new AVR30, so how have we lost almost 6kg from the current 850?

Maybe they changed to a switching power supply?
Could also be a typo.. that they mixed up the pre-pro with the receiver.

Edit:
Pretty sure it's a typo, since it says max 1.5kW on the back.
Most likley the same powersupply as in the current AVR550 and AVR850.
JBLSynthesis_SDR35_Rear_Web.png

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom