New Arcam AVR's

This is the first time I've needed it but does anyone have a recommendation for an IR extender that works well with AVR30? My receiver has obstructions so this would be very helpful

Can’t comment on the arcam but I’ve used the Neet IR hub on my Receiver, Blu-ray, and other devices - been flawless - bout £25 on amazon for 6 port version

I've been doing a lot of stereo listening and actually my sub level complaint above is now void. I'm actually really impressed selecting my front speakers to small, but set the crossover to 60hz instead of 80hz the sub just starts getting boomy for my liken... it sounds soo much cleaner now. I was listening to loud heavy bass tracks and the amp sub level was 0db.👍

Top quality sound when it works.

I see the front display cannot display Arabic...

Receiver has crashed twice tonight, only from selecting different songs on my spotify app. Lost sound from 2ch but I cant here the sub playing notes....😥😥

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200123-193516_Spotify.jpg
    Screenshot_20200123-193516_Spotify.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 20200123_193503.jpg
    20200123_193503.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 93
I've been doing a lot of stereo listening and actually my sub level complaint above is now void. I'm actually really impressed selecting my front speakers to small, but set the crossover to 60hz instead of 80hz the sub just starts getting boomy for my liken... it sounds soo much cleaner now. I was listening to loud heavy bass tracks and the amp sub level was 0db.👍

Top quality sound when it works.

I see the front display cannot display Arabic...

Receiver has crashed twice tonight, only from selecting different songs on my spotify app. Lost sound from 2ch but I cant here the sub playing notes....😥😥
Pleased that it is more to your liking now, hence why you were advised to set your speakers to small in the first place, the 80Hz crossover was recommended as a starting point as it depends on the ability of your L&R speakers and Sub.

Update :)

He's talking rubbish. The popping noise is still there, myself and another member has reported that on 95 software. Hiss/floor noise? Really wifi causing it... mine is silent can't here a thing. He stated hasn't tested NET/bluetooth, why not?? That's where all my problems are, loss of 2ch, receiver freezes, have to power cycle it. It is bloody constant and I'm getting really frustrated with it now.

@goatlips the problems you experience may not be the same for everyone and vice versa, there are so many different variables at play, different speakers with different sensitivities, different amps with different gain than what Arcam recommend.

Also take into consideration he is talking specifically about the AV40 which in theory should have lower noise floor than the AVR's.

Edit:

I know from my own experience that i experience a noise floor that is audible through all my speakers, it's not particularly loud, but it is there if you put your ear close to the speakers.

Last edited:
@goatlips the problems you experience may not be the same for everyone and vice versa, there are so many different variables at play, different speakers with different sensitivities, different amps with different gain than what Arcam recommend.

Also take into consideration he is talking specifically about the AV40 which in theory should have lower noise floor than the AVR's.

Edit:

I know from my own experience that i experience a noise floor that is audible through all my speakers, it's not particularly loud, but it is there if you put your ear close to the speakers.

I think my problem is spotify app is crashing in the receiver and pulling down the amp!?

I think I'm going to give my dealer a call tomorrow to discuss my options and see if I can keep it till 1.0 software otherwise I want a refund or get something else.

Last edited:
Spent a lot of time listening tonight and beyond the quirks the sound is excellent. Has been a long time since I listened to the AV860 w/o Dirac, I feel this is as good or better. Cannot wait for Dirac!

Still hope for complete darkness mode but the slight glow of the display does not bother me as much as I thought it would.

I would pay extra to have the thing be true black finish. If I take my grills off the speakers the AV40 blends in better.

IMG_20200123_200848.png

Last edited:
Spent a lot of time listening tonight and beyond the quirks the sound is excellent. Has been a long time since I listened to the AV860 w/o Dirac, I feel this is as good or better. Cannot wait for Dirac!

Still hope for complete darkness mode but the slight glow of the display does not bother me as much as I thought it would.

I would pay extra to have the thing be true black finish. If I take my grills off the speakers the AV40 blends in better.

View attachment 1248896

Very nice I am jealous.👍 what are those power amps??

Very nice I am jealous.👍 what are those power amps??

2 Rotel RB 1590's which are 2x350 and a Rotel rmb 1585 that is 5 x 200.

This covers my 5 surrounds and 4 Atmos speakers.

Tried a handful of pre's and amps with the B&W's and the arcam and Rotel were the favorites.

2 Rotel RB 1590's which are 2x350 and a Rotel rmb 1585 that is 5 x 200.

This covers my 5 surrounds and 4 Atmos speakers.

Tried a handful of pre's and amps with the B&W's and the arcam and Rotel were the favorites.

Awesome👍

What B&W have you got??

Thanks! I do get a great deal of enjoyment out of it, can't tell you how many times we go down a rabbit hole on Tidal and stay up way too late.

B & W 804 D3's

Lovely set up, what TV have you got it looks huge!

Lovely set up, what TV have you got it looks huge!
Sony A9G 77". The mount lets you bring the TV out about 2 feet. When the TV is away from the wall it looks way bigger. Love the TV.

Here is how the mount moves. Works great so that I can watch the TV from the bar when needed.

Thanks! I do get a great deal of enjoyment out of it, can't tell you how many times we go down a rabbit hole on Tidal and stay up way too latr

Yeah that was me the other night 🤣🤣

Has anyone tried 4K content from a Amazon Prime on an AppleTV 4K into the new processors? On my AV40 the sound is about a second behind the video and the 0-250 adjustment on the Arcam does not clear it. Just wondered whether others are seeing the same thing.

Not yet. but i got a response to my previous emails

1, I have a problem with spotify. It intermittently cuts out...my left and right speakers cut out but my subs are still playing and then the av40 freezers up and I have to power cycle it.

Arcam response...I think this is covered under bug 0021258. Hard powering on whilst the NET input is selected and then performing functions soon afterwards can cause the unit to freeze. In the mean time between now and the bug being addressed please try powering on on an input other than NET and leaving the unit a minute or so before playing.

2, I’ll be streaming Spotify over airplay or Chromecast and it will just stop maybe after 10-15mins. Then I have to press another input then go back to Spotify and it’s ok again,

Arcam response.....I have seen something similar related to the auto standby on the unit. Please could you confirm that you are running v0.95 (HOST). Once you have confirmed the software version turn off auto standby (press and hold the MENU button on the front panel for >5 secs until the service menu appears and change the STANDBY MODE option from AUTO to MANUAL.Retest and see if the behaviour goes away. If so then it is likely to be covered under bug 0021130. Once that bug is fixed we should re-test.

No response to my email....anyone else get a response?🤔
The last time i was in contact with them it took nearly 3 weeks for me to get a reply, however, that was over the Christmas Holiday period.

Not yet. but i got a response to my previous emails

1, I have a problem with spotify. It intermittently cuts out...my left and right speakers cut out but my subs are still playing and then the av40 freezers up and I have to power cycle it.

Arcam response...I think this is covered under bug 0021258. Hard powering on whilst the NET input is selected and then performing functions soon afterwards can cause the unit to freeze. In the mean time between now and the bug being addressed please try powering on on an input other than NET and leaving the unit a minute or so before playing.

2, I’ll be streaming Spotify over airplay or Chromecast and it will just stop maybe after 10-15mins. Then I have to press another input then go back to Spotify and it’s ok again,

Arcam response.....I have seen something similar related to the auto standby on the unit. Please could you confirm that you are running v0.95 (HOST). Once you have confirmed the software version turn off auto standby (press and hold the MENU button on the front panel for >5 secs until the service menu appears and change the STANDBY MODE option from AUTO to MANUAL.Retest and see if the behaviour goes away. If so then it is likely to be covered under bug 0021130. Once that bug is fixed we should re-test.

That's the main problem I have with mine. Hope it gets sorted soon, drives me nuts.

On my AV40 the sound is about a second behind the video and the 0-250 adjustment on the Arcam does not clear it. Just wondered whether others are seeing the same thing.
Turns out this had happened to all video sources. Eventually the only way I could fix it was to run a factory reset on the AV40 and set it up again. Will report to Arcam as this looks like a bug.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom